When it Rains it Poors, "ANOTHER NEW BaseBand upgrade"

alm0614

Reaction score
anyone install this yet..just wanna make sure no one has any problems..i flashed the one yesterday with no problems what so ever

jy2042

Reaction score
anyone install this yet..just wanna make sure no one has any problems..i flashed the one yesterday with no problems what so ever

updated my baseband to this new version about 2 hours ago. it'll ask you to reactivate. didn't have any problems and been getting a strong signal so far.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bah.....I don't see any improvement. I think this is a lot of snake oil, I'm not buying it.

V

verian

I had 3 or 4 dead spots in my house that are full bar 3G sense the first baseband with froyo. I grabed this one about an hour ago and still perfect. So it my be snake oil cause I get that feeling myself but it seems to have helped me from bouncing from 3G to 1x and eventually data roaming. Only I those spots tho.

rican408

Reaction score
So is anybody seeing any type of improvement? Wanna know if its worth doing....

MrCapcom

Reaction score
I did it no difference I can tell but i been in the office all day and I always get excellent coverage with verizon lol
I did notice with the first one I got more bars at home than usual

altjx

Reaction score
i didnt notice any difference. of course my wifi still acts weird with random disconnects. but 3G signal seems the exact same. i only updated to see if it'd improve wifi issues. already got the OC/wifi fix kernel, but not much help.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I've tried this twice and keep getting an assert fail install aborted (error7)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is the new baseband here only good for froyo or can it be applied to a 2.1 ROM? I originally read (or understood) that the baseband has nothing to do with the ROM/OS, but want to confirm. . . then again, if it is "snakeoil" I can stay put. Thanks in advance.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Everytime I install a new baseband, I get different servers in speedtest.net app...lol