Confused about baseband versions

nesquik

Reaction score
I upgraded to my brothers bionic from a OG Droid the other day. It was previously rooted with an Th3ory rom released in October so I recently wiped all of the storage data and installed CWM recovery and proceeded to wipe all of the nessesary partitons and have installed the newest Kint3tix. My current baseband version is: CDMA_n_03.1C.50R Itedc_u_05.15.00 but I have seen newer versions listed in other forums. I am wondering how basebands are installed. My OG droid radio could be updated from recovery but I do not see any posts about updating just the Baseband. Is it tied in with the rom? Do I need to return to stock to update it?

I do not have dropped data but I am hoping it may improve my reception. Let me know if this is viable.

Thanks

americanz

Reaction score
right now you dont wanna upgrade you radio unless you dont want to be able to take any ota updates.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
You wanna be care with the NEW update that is rolling around. 5.9.901.

Currently, if you flash that version you CANNOT install custom ROM without it freaking out.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes I think you need to return to stock with all bloat unfrozen to update baseband. But like said it would be wise to only use official Motorola OTAs as this encrypted bootloader doesn't let you go back to your previous state. If you get off the official update track you will not get updates. The latest official build is 893. If you are not having issues I would just let the OTA come to you and not install leaks.

Also if you are flashing roms you may want to look into "safestrap". It lets you get into recovery via a boot menu by restarting your phone. Make sure uninstall bootstrap recovery before you use it. Without safestrap if you mess up your phone and go into a bootloop there is usually no way to get into recovery unless you sbf via a computer. Bionic Safestrap (Bootstrap / Recovery) [12/14/2011] - RootzWiki