Baseband Unknown

JimShoe

Reaction score
Earlier today my phone started freaking out. It wouldn't respond to touches, and even started clicking things its self. I'm running Bugless 0.1 Froyo with Pete's baseband stuff. Anyways, I got into recovery mode, so I flashed a backup from 2.1, then wiped data, and tried a couple more flashing of backups. Finally I flashed my Bugless back but wiped data. Anyways, the screen works just find, now, but somehow the baseband says unknown. I only flashed backups and as far as I know, those wouldn't have anything to do with the baseband. I have tried .03 and .01 neither change anything. Anyone have any ideas? Also once it finally started responding to touch, the date was Dec 31 1969 or start of unix time in my timezone.

TLDR: phone went crazy, some how baseband now says unknown from no fault of my own, flashed updated baseband and stock, but neither changed unknown baseband status.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Since you are on 2.1 now it may not recognize the baseband. Does everything work? phone, internet, wifi, 3g??

Jason

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Was your date/time set on auto still?

Did you try changing it to current date and time then reboot?

Jason

OP
J

JimShoe

Reaction score
I was running 2.2 when this happen. I have tried everything, even using .sbf of sock 2.0.1 to restore and that didn't fix it. Took it to the Verizon store, he tried to fix it. Couldn't so I'm getting a replacement.

mr.motoman

Reaction score
i have this same problem except i cannot get a replacement! my phone got wet and thats why it freaked out everything in my status is unknown and it says not in service i cannot even dial 228 it displays i am not registered on the network and closes please help me!