When do we get flash?

YA123

Ok i am extremely happy that we got android 2.1. But the main reason I got this phone was for flash support. Anyone know when the might roll out?

mrdorunjr

the way i like to think about when ill be getting flash on my droid is....

eventually.

this way i wont be disappointed if it doesn't come for another year, cuz that still counts as eventually :D

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Id say just be incredibly patient and don't ask.. everyone has this on their mind...

Erron

Developer
Developer
Im not entirely sure what everyone is going to use flash for anyway, what are everyones thoughts?

I have it up on my phone now and can't say I really use it.

RoLa

Im not entirely sure what everyone is going to use flash for anyway, what are everyones thoughts?

Probably hulu, and that is all....BTW have you tried hulu? Is there advertising ?

Erron

Developer
Developer

Probably hulu, and that is all....BTW have you tried hulu? Is there advertising ?

OK, here's the bad news...Hulu will most likely never work on the droid. This is because of Hulu, not the droid, not adobe, not flah lite, not flash 10.1. It doesn't work on the ps3 which has full flash. Hulu seems to want to block anything but an actual computer from viewing it's videos. I can get the site to laod, the videos to start to load then it just tells me it cannot play.

I know a lot of people are going to say it's because of flash lite. From all reports it looks like flash lite 4 is going to be the same as flash 10.1. It doesn't give me an error, doesn't say I need a version of flash it supports. It just doesn't work and gives the exact same message as a ps3 trying to load it.

Every other website people have asked me to test have worked. Even FB games.

drewfuss

OK, here's the bad news...Hulu will most likely never work on the droid. This is because of Hulu, not the droid, not adobe, not flah lite, not flash 10.1. It doesn't work on the ps3 which has full flash. Hulu seems to want to block anything but an actual computer from viewing it's videos. I can get the site to laod, the videos to start to load then it just tells me it cannot play.

I know a lot of people are going to say it's because of flash lite. From all reports it looks like flash lite 4 is going to be the same as flash 10.1. It doesn't give me an error, doesn't say I need a version of flash it supports. It just doesn't work and gives the exact same message as a ps3 trying to load it.

Every other website people have asked me to test have worked. Even FB games.

you are correct, about a year or more ago Hulu stopped/banned all mobile device viewing. one could use a windows mobile device with skyfire loaded and watch a movie. however this has all stopped, i heard it was bandwith issues, server overload and of course add dollars were not being made.....

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
who even knows if hulu woudl work tho right? I mean some flash websites have different video support, so I am just saying would it def work? Thats what I would use flash for, hulu and southparkstudios.com!

oddjob

Flash games and AIR apps are making the jump to mobile, starting with Google’s Android platform. At Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Adobe has unveiled AIR and Flash 10.1 for Android, both of which should arrive in the first half of 2010.Adobe didn’t reveal all that much about the capabilities of Flash and AIR in either a blog post or its offical announcement, but there are some interesting tidbits and some nice demo videos of Flash on the Motorola Droid and Nexus One, embedded below.
Through the “Open Screen Project,” a consortium of 70+ companies ranging from Nokia to AOL, Adobe is hoping to make Flash and AIR consistent parts of mobile devices worldwide (along with netbooks, Tablets and any other device that could potentially support the Flash platform). It makes sense for Adobe, as it would like to make sure developers only have to create one version of their games and applications, rather than different versions for different devices.
Adobe AIR will have the ability to create mobile apps for Android ( ) (and beyond), allowing developers to port their web-centric creations into mobile and to utilize information such as GPS in their apps.
The initiative is partly a response to the one platform that prominently does not have flash: the iPhone OS. You may remember that Adobe recently called out Apple for not including Flash on the iPad. At the same time, a torrent of criticism came crashing down on the plug-in, with some declaring HTML5 the better alternative to Flash.
Still, for most mobile app developers and handsets, the benefits of having Flash on Android and other mobile platforms outweighs the costs. By the end of 2010, it should be consistent across multiple mobile and computer platforms, giving developers fresh reasons to create rich media within Adobe’s framework.
Adobe Flash and AIR Coming Soon to Android [VIDEOS]

Erron

Developer
Developer
who even knows if hulu woudl work tho right? I mean some flash websites have different video support, so I am just saying would it def work? Thats what I would use flash for, hulu and southparkstudios.com!

I can tell you im running flash on my droid right now and hulu doesn't work. I will go check southpark for you.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer

I can tell you im running flash on my droid right now and hulu doesn't work. I will go check southpark for you.

Dude, do you work for Adobe? Because you are not running flash 10.1 full on you droid, if you were if would have been all over this forum. Probably just flash lite from the desire rom or somehting like that...