droid 2.1 to come with flash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassjason

Reaction score
First time poster, long time reader. I do contract work for Verizon every so often. Today while working I asked the manager about 2.1. Was informed that the update will roll out the end of the month WITH FLASH! He said the inclusion of flash was the reason for the delay. By now I know not to get too excited but it makes sense and the guy seemed to know what he was talking about.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum man...

But this is unconfirmed officially.....he may not know for sure....I mean yeah that does make sense but I am not holding my breath

Guchi

Reaction score
im holding you personaly responsible for this happening... just kidding
welcome to the forum

audioman42

Reaction score
That would be nice, but I'm not gonna get excited until I see proof. I've been disappointed too many times already...

And I haven't heard anything about the Nexus getting flash. Do you really think the Droid will get it before the Nexus? I doubt it.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
[insert skeptical smiley here]
:rofl3: ^this
First :welcome: but now... you'll learn soon enough that the people that work for/with VZW (ESPECIALLY at the store) know JACK SH!* about what's going on... there are several VZW employees on this forum and they will tell you that they are always the LAST to know anything official and that their stores (work areas) are FILLED with unconfirmed/unofficial BS... But welcome to the board.

Thepunkinator

Reaction score
We could always put a Flash icon on our phones to show off then if someone wants to see something just say "oops my battery just died" and leave....:icon_eek:

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well even if it doesn't, Adobe came out today with some official announcements of flash 10.1 dev't kits and it running on 2.0
021510FlashPlayerMWC

i just read through the article. it makes no mention of Android 2.0... it was talking about its new platform "AIR 2.0", a development kit for Flash "outside the browser", which is unrelated to Android 2.0 and subsequent Flash inclusion, sadly.

R1Lover

Reaction score
Verizon would be the last to know... I'm sorry but this is very true.

we will get flash in time, but the delay is not due to flash imo... it's due to bugs.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm leaning toward what R1 said and find this HIGHLY doubtful....and VZW probably would be the last ones to know about this...

Status
Not open for further replies.