What's Red and Blue, and Makes Android Users Happy? Sapphire and Ruby Double Release!

Rhino413

Reaction score
I installed with just wiping cache and I installed both rom and gapps

how can you tell if your running old gapps or new one????

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
is it possible to install saph 1.1 and gapps without a pc, I am at work now and would love to get this setup while I'm here.

Also how did you know today was my birthday, 9-02-10, 90s party!!!

ROM Manager is an option. You could drop a file manager into the rom .zip. You could make a backup, install the rom, make a backup of that, restore your previous setup and rename the gapps file, then restore the rom backup and apply the gapps fiel.

You have many options.

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
is it possible to install saph 1.1 and gapps without a pc, I am at work now and would love to get this setup while I'm here.

Happy bday
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

S197

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry for posting this on several sites, I'm just not sure which one the devs are actively reading.

Bugs encountered:

GPS does not work. You can get a general location but it will not pinpoint resulting in the loss of turn by turn navigation.

Camera shoots in 3mp

No 720p for Video

Hulu has the "devil voices"

Thanks for a great ROM hopefully these issues can get ironed out!

Edit: This is for Ruby.

nzone

Reaction score
Gmail is giving me FC's on 1.1 sapphire, this happen to anyone else?

undroid

Reaction score
is it necessary to wipe the gapps or its settings? im not really sure how the install works, but gapps is gone coming from a 1.0 release and i did not wipe. i installed gapps and i had to re-enter all my settings. all my other apps remain in-tact. if thats possible it should also be possible to leave gapps alone... imo

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I couldn't wait .... I installed with just a cache wipe, then went back and ran the market update.

Everything looked ok, the boot animation, while slick ... I'll be going to my favorite droid x one. But fantastic work! The home screen looked a bit wonky, but I figure that is from the gem settings I had for black bar mixing with the default, not a dev fault.

However trying the market causes it to open then I'm right back to my homescreen.

I'm figuring I'll just need to suck it up and do a complete wipe and install, it won't hurt, but I'll have to do it over the weekend. :)

Seeing since my other post that blackbar has an update, that may be a good thing too.

Jejackson

Reaction score

ROM Manager is an option. You could drop a file manager into the rom .zip. You could make a backup, install the rom, make a backup of that, restore your previous setup and rename the gapps file, then restore the rom backup and apply the gapps fiel.

You have many options.

You've intrigued me with these options...I use SBRecovery so no ROM manager for me. I would like to try this dropping a file manager in the zip. Question is which one and where on the SD card are they saved? I wouldnt call myself a noob here but I wouldn't call myself a pro either, perhaps some sort of intermediately skilled gentleman? I use astro file manager for most of my copy paste renaming ROM needs. I actually had no idea you could just add things to the zip file...but it makes sense...

lowboy

Reaction score
Like the boot animation. It's off the wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
It was bright enough, should make a mototorch out of it hehehehe ..... you could approach girls int he dusk/dark with it and hyptotize them with the gem ... I defer to the single members of the community to test that. :)

revenge8

Reaction score
launcher pro gone?

i did a titanium backup and all normal backup stuff before i flashed this and now my launcher pro is gone! .. not only that.. its not available in the market! whered it go? does sapphire 1.1 support it? i cant live with out it!!

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry for posting this on several sites, I'm just not sure which one the devs are actively reading.

Bugs encountered:

GPS does not work. You can get a general location but it will not pinpoint resulting in the loss of turn by turn navigation.

Camera shoots in 3mp

No 720p for Video

Hulu has the "devil voices"

Thanks for a great ROM hopefully these issues can get ironed out!

Edit: This is for Ruby.
cvpcs said he was updating the bug tracker for the Incredible. Drop by and maybe post a few of these? It was mainly a complete port of the Sapphire version, so some things might not be working together very nicely :)

Gmail is giving me FC's on 1.1 sapphire, this happen to anyone else?
Did you wipe? I am having no such problems with gmail.
is it necessary to wipe the gapps or its settings? im not really sure how the install works, but gapps is gone coming from a 1.0 release and i did not wipe. i installed gapps and i had to re-enter all my settings. all my other apps remain in-tact. if thats possible it should also be possible to leave gapps alone... imo
the sapphire rom.zip wipes the system partition. so you HAVE to install the gapps.
Well I couldn't wait .... I installed with just a cache wipe, then went back and ran the market update.

Everything looked ok, the boot animation, while slick ... I'll be going to my favorite droid x one. But fantastic work! The home screen looked a bit wonky, but I figure that is from the gem settings I had for black bar mixing with the default, not a dev fault.

However trying the market causes it to open then I'm right back to my homescreen.

I'm figuring I'll just need to suck it up and do a complete wipe and install, it won't hurt, but I'll have to do it over the weekend. :)

Seeing since my other post that blackbar has an update, that may be a good thing too.
I wouldn't mess with the market hack. With 2.2 official, why would it be needed?

You have many options.

You've intrigued me with these options...I use SBRecovery so no ROM manager for me. I would like to try this dropping a file manager in the zip. Question is which one and where on the SD card are they saved? I wouldnt call myself a noob here but I wouldn't call myself a pro either, perhaps some sort of intermediately skilled gentleman? I use astro file manager for most of my copy paste renaming ROM needs. I actually had no idea you could just add things to the zip file...but it makes sense...

You could use an app like root explorer and pull one out of /data/app, and then paste it into the system part of the rom file. I can explain it more if needed.

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
SUPER HAPPY!!! Love the new boot ani... Now all I have to do is wait for Bgill to update incognito and my Droid will be perfect

lowboy

Reaction score
Had to mess around with maps but it's working now.