What Verizon Plan do you have?

Reaction score
I need to switch my plan and not sure what to get? I have an older plan.

With the Droid I need a plan that gives me the ability to Text, Pix and Video Text to VZW and outside of VZW? Or should I just send pics and Video through Gmail?

Whats the best option? I tried to ask VZW but honestly 3 people I spoke to couldnt explain it (can you believe it?).

I figure I would get a family plan w/ 2 Droids $110 base plus 9.99 for extra line plus $30 data x2 plus $15 text plan x 2 = 210 - 19% discount, plus tax and insurance.

Does this sound right or is there a better way to go?

thank you in advance.

ygrazi

Reaction score
Page Plus cellular works on Verizon network $39.99 unlimited voice & text, though only 20 MB of data.

Diocat

Reaction score
How much do you actually use your phone?
Half of my calls/texts are to Verizon subscribers so...

I have the 550 minute "Nationwide Loyalty Family Share" Plan for 59.99 a month (For my Droid and a dumbphone)
1500 text message option = $15 (just for my Droid)
Email & Web for smartphone =$29.99 (just for my Droid)

Comes out to a little over 110 after all applicable taxes and stuff...

You could go your route but I do not need unlimited texting and you do not need data access as you will get it with the smartphone data plan. Therefore, you could probably drop down to the 99.99 plan + 29.99 per smartphone associated with the plan (I think). This would give you unlimited text/picture messaging, unlimited web, and 700 shared minutes during peak hours shared among the two phones to any non VZW network number.

Note: I am in California and you may have different plans wherever you may be.

Check with your local store, the stores here are usually good about asking you your usage and setting up the best plan for you. However, I believe that the stores are only authorized to sell you the 700 minute plan as the absolute minimum. I called into customer service because my 3G was really crappy one weekend on the Droid and the woman in tech support checked my usage and said she could downgrade me to the 550 minute plan because I make very few non-VZW calls during peak hours and I would save an extra 10 dollars a month if they downgraded my account from 700 minutes to 550.

Just something to chew on and ponder.

Dragoro

Reaction score
When your on friends and family, are phones that are part of that plan already included? or do you need to add them as part of your 5 or 10 free call numbers?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the data plan and the 450 minute plan. I don't text.

evil_O

Reaction score
1400 min plan with unlimited text/data/TEC insurance: (2 droids)
GV number added to our circle of friends :icon_ rocker:

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. I guess my other part to the question is what plan and what are you paying? I just feel like its too much! Maybe I dont understand the plan either I dont want unlimited text. I just want the 1500 texts to be included in out of VZW network.

thank you again for any info.

Erich_F

Reaction score
700 min National Family Share plan for LG EnV2 and Droid $40, 250 txt $5 for Droid, $30 Droid data plan.

OP
S
Reaction score
700 min National Family Share plan for LG EnV2 and Droid $40, 250 txt $5 for Droid, $30 Droid data plan.

See this seems reasonable but when I called them they told me

$120 for 2 droids $60 data $30 text seems CRAZY!

Erich_F

Reaction score

Yeah, $30 for each smartphone in the same plan is a little over the top. It would be like Verizon charging $40 for each computer on the same DSL line in the house. They could at least offer a $15 discount on the second data plan. Even satellite radio has a reduced rate for additional receivers.

OP
S
Reaction score

Yeah, $30 for each smartphone in the same plan is a little over the top. It would be like Verizon charging $40 for each computer on the same DSL line in the house. They could at least offer a $15 discount on the second data plan. Even satellite radio has a reduced rate for additional receivers.

I guess I have no choice unless somebody knows another route to go?

thank you in advance

civEX

Reaction score
I have the 450mins. Email and Web(unlimited data) and 250 text for my droid. It's in the mail. like $74.98 before taxes i believe. I wish I had an employee discount.

I noticed Verizon likes to nickel and dime you to death. For example the visual voicemail. It's free on their competator plans.

romeov

Reaction score
I have the 450mins. Email and Web(unlimited data) and 250 text for my droid. It's in the mail. like $74.98 before taxes i believe. I wish I had an employee discount.

I noticed Verizon likes to nickel and dime you to death. For example the visual voicemail. It's free on their competator plans.

How on earth do you get that so cheap? I have the bare minimum plan allowed with the Droid, 450 mins (39.99), and 29.99 data, and MY bill is the same as yours (74.98 or so) how did you get 250 texts for free?