Verizon Data Plans

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
At first i thought it wasnt worth it, but after having it for a month and seeing how much bandwidth i use, definetly getting my money worth lol

styx

Reaction score
I have the same situation. However, I just called Verizon last week and had them block the data part on my daughters Rival and my sons EnV 3. They were really nice about it and now I don't have to worry about those extra charges on my bill.

HeroNova

Reaction score
Verizon now has a charge for "internet ready" phones which is an extra, MANDATORY, ten dollars a month. Which is pretty ridiculous. You are not allowed to have these phones without that ten dollar a month data plan.

It used to be an added feature if you wanted to use email and light internet browsing and whatnot, but now VZW is making it a mandatory addon.

Be warned also, because these data plans for ten dollars a month only allow you 25 MB per month. That works out to about 300 page refreshes. So if you child uses email, facebook or whatever, every time she goes on a page or refreshes or flips through facebook pics, its adds up.

HeroNova

Reaction score
I have the same situation. However, I just called Verizon last week and had them block the data part on my daughters Rival and my sons EnV 3. They were really nice about it and now I don't have to worry about those extra charges on my bill.

Make sure you check your bill next month. They might have blocked internet access on the phone but that may not have removed the feature or the cost entirely.

They were pretty stern about that mandatory feature if you wanted one of the newer, premium dumbphones