What phone were you using previously?

Discussion in 'Droid Polls' started by JohnDroid, Nov 2, 2009.

1. OSX2000

OSX2000 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Me too. Loved it when I had it, but it's such crap compared to the droid.

2. XKXDISTURBEDXKX

Ratings:
    +0
    Old Samsung Alias

3. FLE

FLE Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a samsung U740 before I got the droid

4. Stretch2m

Stretch2m Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Env2. Before that Razr. Would have fallen into iPhone hell if not for my Verizon contract. At first that was frustrating but what a blessing in disguise it turned out to be! Droid is the best gadget I've ever owned.

5. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Samnsung Omnia 1. I still got all my old phones: Omnia 1, Samsung Alias, Motorola E815. The E815 was the best working non-smartphone phone I had as far as reception, listening to mp3's, speaker volume, themes. If the charging port didnt keep getting broke off, I might be still running it waiting for my upgrade from Verizon.

6. EvilWays

EvilWays Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    My transition to the Droid took me through a laundry list of phones. I was a palm faithful for years starting with the Treo 300. I owned ever palm OS Treo produced and starting with the 700 noticed a decline in quality. I replaced my 755p with the pre the day it came out. Early Pres were plagued with issues including screen that twisted like oreos. I picked up the hero not too long after the pre and was immediately dissapointed with it. The screen was too small and low Res just didn't work. The hero lasted a week before I picked up the moment. I was actually pretty content with the moment but sprint started being stupid and the seemingly lack of support or updates for the device made me take the jump off the bandwagon and hop over to Verizon. I picked up my Droid, rooted and installed some cooked roms about 3 days after getting her and I've been happy as a pic in poop sisnce

7. turntable

turntable New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Switched from a BB Tour 9630

8. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had an LG Dare before making the move on Day 1. Droid does, baby.

9. PWN3R

PWN3R New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    iPhone 3G, I really want to get the Droid tho, since I can't get iPhone OS 4.0

10. cbass8

cbass8 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    iPhone 3GS

iPhone 3GS

11. ajGoes

ajGoes Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I kept carrying both a Palm T3 PDA and an old LG 8100 phone because the combination did everything I really needed. I did just a few things on the Palm:

• synched with Outlook (using the excellent Beyond Contracts from Dataviz)
    • used a French-English dictionary
    • read ebooks with a a free reader
    • used an RPN calculator
    • very occasionally made voice memos
    The phone took acceptable pictures, had easy bluetooth-activated voice dialing, and had a really simple calling interface.

I finally migrated to a smartphone when the Droid came out, after saying for years that I'd wait until a single device could do everything I wanted at least as well as what I had.

Well, the Droid doesn't really fill that bill: I haven't yet found an Outlook sync that I like (though CompanionLink is getting close), and its phone doesn't work nearly as well with Bluetooth as my ancient LG phone did. Worst of all is its terrible reminder system which makes me think Google staff members use other devices or miss a lot of meetings.

I've been having a blast with the Droid in spite of its defects. My SlovoEd French-English dictionary is vastly better than the one I had on the Palm (and cost less, too). I've found a couple of RPN calculators, but none that I've found stores history on the SD card -- any pointers to one that does will be gratefully accepted. I've found temporarily tolerable workarounds to the synching weakness. I'm happy enough with the Aldiko reader that I made a contribution to the developers; it really is nicer than my old reader even if I haven't figured out how to get it to read the same books. And it turns out I don't actually make very many calls, so having a less-convenient phone isn't a big problem.

Having the web at my fingertips all the time is addictive. And having an open development platform means I'm fairly confident someone will step in with solutions to many of the phone's current shortcomings.

12. MoriahToniOwens

MoriahToniOwens New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hi friend i am using Windows CE Htc mobile it is very good nice feature..

Search tags for this page

data plans for krazar