What Issues Are You Having With SWYPE??

alm0614

Reaction score
yeah, i just checked i have no updates. working fine, crossing my fingers all stays well

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been running Swype with Handcent since day 1. The only issue I've ever had, which hasn't happened in days, was occasionally when I would wake the screen to reply to a text Swype wouldn't input anything into the field. Like it wasn't registering. I had to back out of the app (not hit home button) to get it to work again.
Other than that Swype and Handcent have worked perfectly together for me. Even when Handcent recently released the update to 'fix' the pop-up placement on reply Swype has remained solid. Actually... that's when the problems with text entry stopped for me.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use Google Voice for all my texting, so I don't know if this makes a difference or not. I have no problem with the default txt handling not sure what everyone else finds wrong with it (but I came from WM and it works essentially just like WM6.5 did, so I'm used to it).

rothenbj

Reaction score
I've been running Swype with Handcent since day 1. The only issue I've ever had, which hasn't happened in days, was occasionally when I would wake the screen to reply to a text Swype wouldn't input anything into the field. Like it wasn't registering. I had to back out of the app (not hit home SMS button) to get it to work again.
Other than that Swype and Handcent have worked perfectly together for me. Even when Handcent recently released the update to 'fix' the pop-up placement on reply Swype has remained solid. Actually... that's when the problems with text entry stopped for me.

I've had the same issue of not having the swypes register after leaving an app for a bit, then returning. It was not only in SMS either. The only way I found to get out of it was to leave the app and return. I'm not sure if this is a swype issue or a Droid issue since I've had the same problem with other keyboards.

A bit of a nuisance, but not bad enough to get me off this keyboard.

BTW, ChompSMS is an alternative to Handsent. I started using it a couple days ago and I like it.

bart7373

Reaction score
I am having a problem downloading SWYPE. When I unzip the file and put it on my SD card, I do not see an option to install it. I saw somewhere that the file should have a .apk extension. Mine does not. I've downloaded it like 10 times and still can't install it. What am I doing wrong?

Technoman

Reaction score
I am having a problem downloading SWYPE. When I unzip the file and put it on my SD card, I do not see an option to install it. I saw somewhere that the file should have a .apk extension. Mine does not. I've downloaded it like 10 times and still can't install it. What am I doing wrong?

Download to your PC, and open with a ZIP file manager. Copy the resulting APK file to your SD card. With a file manager click the file and "OPEN" with APP manager and then select install.

Scott Hanna

Reaction score
Love swype.

The only issue I have had is some words like emails don't seem to stay stored in dictionary. I've had to add them several times.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
did you know if you drag the first letter up towards the top of your phone it makes it a cap then continue swyping the rest of the word.

And if you do a loop when you're making the cap, the entire word is capitalized.

dbronstein

Reaction score
Swype disappeared from my Droid today. I've been using it fine for a couple of weeks and this morning I went to reply to a text and the regular keyboard came up instead of Swype. I tried to get back to Swype and it was totally gone. I reinstalled it and it seems to be working okay now.

SGTiger

Reaction score
At the end of the sentence, swipe from the period to the spacebar for a period and single spacing. Swipe from the period and then loop on the spacebar for a double space after the period.

50%Kraut

Reaction score
Wow, just looking through different threads, I've discovered many (OK 2 4 now)secrets of my DROID. Thanks to this one: using Swype space after . / Caps whole word by loop....above.../
Question though: Does Handcent always send via @vzwpix.com, or can I change it to vtext.com? Couldn't find the answer anywhere.
Ekim

Hooked on DROID

deputc26

Reaction score
Question though: Does Handcent always send via @vzwpix.com, or can I change it to vtext.com? Couldn't find the answer anywhere.
Ekim

Hooked on DROID

I don't think you can change it.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Minor issue, just surprising. Found that the search box on the Amazon.com app doesn't recognize input from Swype. Have to use letter-by-letter input. First app that I've encountered that's problematic.