Repeating words (Swype help)

torch709

Reaction score
Well, that kind of rules out a 3rd Party App causing the issue. Since this just sort of "popped-up" on this forum and the Moto Forum, makes me wonder if the problem is with the Chrome update? I have not updated the Chrome app on my phone, or my wife's phone (just haven't had a reason to...been too busy). Both of our phones are on Chrome version 28.0.1500.64. I have tried several times to re-produce the issue on our phones and can't. Swype works great in the Text app and in Chrome. Curious to know what version of Chrome you have?

Hold off on the hammer just yet. ;)

September 5th 2013 is the newest update version 29.0.1547.72 this is what is on my phone. The issue started me around August 26 2013. I recall this cause it was the day I flew home and had hell of time registering for the go go in flight internet..

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
For the folks having swype issues in the Chrome browser: a user on the Motorola foum posted this morning that they had the same problem with their Razr M and uninstalled the update Chrome and the issue disappeared. It might be worth a try to uninstall the Chrome update and see if your swype keyboard works normally again. I don't know what all changed between Chrome version 28 to version 29, but I know that Chrom version 28 works fine on my phone, and so does swype keyboard. Hopefully Google is aware of this issue.

torch709

Reaction score
For the folks having swype issues in the Chrome browser: a user on the Motorola foum posted this morning that they had the same problem with their Razr M and uninstalled the update Chrome and the issue disappeared. It might be worth a try to uninstall the Chrome update and see if your swype keyboard works normally again. I don't know what all changed between Chrome version 28 to version 29, but I know that Chrom version 28 works fine on my phone, and so does swype keyboard. Hopefully Google is aware of this issue.

Ah yes removing the update did fix the issue. I spent few minutes looking into letting google know about this issue. Sleepis a must now though. Week work on letting them know tomorrow. Thank you for the help

DJTURNz

Reaction score
It worked for me too. Uninstalled Update to CHROME and the issue went away, and reinstalled the update and it's back. It's Google for heaven's sake, not some jobber in his parents garage making apps. Can't they get it straightened out?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It worked for me too. Uninstalled Update to CHROME and the issue went away, and reinstalled the update and it's back. It's Google for heaven's sake, not some jobber in his parents garage making apps. Can't they get it straightened out?

Google will probably fix it, IF they know that there is an issue. Of course, Google might say that Swype needs to be updated to work with Chrome.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Spey

Reaction score
Frustrating issue persists.
My XT907 running Chrome 29.0.1547.72 as ref earlier.
Appreciate trouble shooting posts so far.
Any working long-term solution yet?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Frustrating issue persists.
Appreciate trouble shooting posts so far.
Any working long-term solution yet?

I think the only "long term" solution is to report the issue to Google. The issue occurred after the Chrome version 29 update. IMHO its up to the Google / Chrome developers to fix the problem.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
For everyone experiencing the issues with Swype keyboard and Chrome, there is a new update for Chrome that seems to fix the issue. The new Chrome version is 30.0.1599.82. In the “What’s New” section of the update, one line is “fixed text font issue with some devices.” That seems to be the fix. I have had the same Swype keyboard issues with Chrome since I got a replacement phone recently (was very annoying). I just installed the new Chrome update and so far..so good…no keyboard typing issues using Swype.

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I tried the update, still had the same issue, so I reverted back to the original chrome, which works great.