What Issues Are You Having With SWYPE??

SGTiger

Reaction score
Minor issue, just surprising. Found that the search box on the Amazon.com app doesn't recognize input from Swype. Have to use letter-by-letter input. First app that I've encountered that's problematic.

No problem here. Perhaps you are referring to having to teach it words it doesn't know, like "Aerosmith"?

karmastorm

Reaction score
The one issue I've had with Swype is that sometimes when I bring up the keyboard, it'll show the QWERTY keyboard but it is actually on the numerical keyboard. (Swyping a word won't do anything and pressing keys output numbers.)

The fix is to press the kes to switch to numerical, then back the alpha keyboard. A little annoying but not too bad.

jtaliani

Reaction score
biggest compaints is trying to enter words that it does not recognize - always tries to figure what is right, not what I want - and entering letters/numbers/letters as in a password. Any tips on the the latter?

Regards..... steve

Go into the Swype Options, and uncheck Word Prediction. That will stop it from guessing words while you're TYPING in characters, but not while SWYPING.

Thanks for pointing this out. I changed this setting and am much happier now. I didn't read all of the details intially and thought that setting would take away the swype predictions too.

jtaliani

Reaction score

tbever

Reaction score
The one issue I've had with Swype is that sometimes when I bring up the keyboard, it'll show the QWERTY keyboard but it is actually on the numerical keyboard. (Swyping a word won't do anything and pressing keys output numbers.)

The fix is to press the kes to switch to numerical, then back the alpha keyboard. A little annoying but not too bad.

I have had the same issue here, intermittently, not very often fortunately