What Issues Are You Having With SWYPE??

olletsocmit

Reaction score
I love it. We can talk about the problems here and what we think would make it better. I am having a problem deleting words. if i type a sentence using swype and want to delete say 5 words, its a process. When i hold the delete key it only deletes one word at a time with a long pause in between each word. after it delets a word, a blue box appears around the keyboard and a white box pops up saying "Delete Word Back" am i missing something. is there a faster way to delete a sentence or a way to hold delete key and it not pause in between every word delete??

metsnfins

Reaction score
i have troubles with contractions like didn't and don't

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
press the 123 sym button 3 times and it takes you to an edit screen ;)

hondaguy520

Reaction score
um how is everyone using swype?!?!?! i didnt know it was out and i cant find it in the android market!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Auto caps and Spacing is the only thing I need. :)

did you know if you drag the first letter up towards the top of your phone it makes it a cap then continue swyping the rest of the word.

mine does auto spacing as long as it's not right after punctuation so i'm not sure what you mean.

xjman349

Reaction score

did you know if you drag the first letter up towards the top of your phone it makes it a cap then continue swyping the rest of the word.

mine does auto spacing as long as it's not right after punctuation so i'm not sure what you mean.
I mean when i type period it doesnt auto double space. It also doesnt auto cap after a period. Thats what I mean. :) Sorry I am bad about clarifying.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

I mean when i type period it doesnt auto double space. It also doesnt auto cap after a period. Thats what I mean. :) Sorry I am bad about clarifying.
Agreed, I wish it would Auto space, and auto capitalize after a period. Editing could be made a little better, the pop-up could be improved as it gets annoying sometimes. Couldn't they make the pop-up more HTC-predictive text like?

I hate that I have to drill down 3 taps to get to the edit mode, they should replace that useless (IMO) information dedicated button. And regular "tap" typing mode doesn't work, when I try to type normally with swype enabled sometimes it registers my tap as a swype.

Sometimes when I'm trying to type in a number by long holding a letter it automatically turns it into an abbreviation, get rid of it. I always get frustrated when trying to put "2.1" and getting "2morrow. 10p" these abbreviation IMO aren't necessary in swype mode.

Other than my experience has been good, not perfect...Still it's alot faster than typing with the android keyboard in portrait mode.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yeeeup i miss that too but the rest of swype more than makes up for it imo. :D

hondaguy520

Reaction score

mjs31

Reaction score
Some of these issues are in the Swype directions on how to do them. For me...simple things like typing D&I (I need this for work) is a pain. It wants to put spaces or change words. Also, many times swype does not work. Meaning...I try typing a name to send an sms and nothing comes up but then "b4" will show up not matter what letters I hit. Personally, I would love to be able to set swype up to use for my portrait typing, but then have it revert to regular in landscape mode.
Sad that we will not likely get an update since it is really not supposed to go out to us directly anyway.

xjman349

Reaction score