What is your single favorite app?

Jaylor

Reaction score
Update to my fav apps:

Still in the top 3 are:

Home++
Handcent (even though handcent and Home++ don't like eachother and FC's)
K-9 Email

Now to add are:
*ScreenModeWidget (this lets you 1) Turn off the phone lock or 2) Make the screen always be on. Its kinda buggy but still great
*DroidLive Pro (Yes you pay for it but the app rocks! You can even tag songs!)
*Google Voice for V/m
*Dolphin Browser (I don't care that 2.1 has multitouch in the default browser, Dolphin will always beat it.. until Firefox comes out anyway. :)
*Astro File Browser
*Aldiko for ebooks
*Tunes Remote to control Itunes
*Grocery King for grocery shopping (if I ever actually went shopping heh!)
*Gmote to use my phone as a mouse/keyboard over wifi for my computer

That covers my current faves.

loop4zil

Reaction score
Pure messanger. Combines all the things I do most with my phone into one nice widget

drummerq

Reaction score
just thought id point it out, Everyone has posted more then one app and half the comments are about screebl.

Not that it matters, just saying

andrewdoane

Reaction score
Still think Maps with Nav is the best app, most important, and most used, but I would add to my prior post to fill out my top 5 because I don't see others here heralding the boring apps I love:
* Pure Calendar Widget - Best agenda widget out there.
* DirecTV - got it thinking I would use it once a month now I use it every day and it's on my center homescreen
* Tower Raiders - no games getting any love here? Best Droid game IMO.
* Weather Widget - no frills, just exactly what I wanted. Downloaded like 15 weather widget apps and this is the one I kept.

phatkat66

Reaction score
Solitair...... wow the amount of hours I've put into this game during my long commute from ny to nj back n forth. This game is the MAIN reason my battery goes from 60% - 20 in 2 hrs LOL

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Two programs that really enable my OCD:
1) Locale (different automatic settings by location - I am obsessive about being lazy)

2) Sweethome2 beta - Home launchers are so much fun to play with. Home++ is child's play in comparison. I'm currently working on menu/button driven theme that launches like 20 "new" screens off 1 screen - no more swiping! And my app "drawer" is going to be beyond killer with filter buttons to the left for groupings of my choice. By the way, launching and navigation is MUCH faster this way, although it may slow my phone down decently overall (which would only be noticeable under heavy load).

3) Also have to mention Google Voice and Sipdroid. Free VoIP with sipdroid (and better call clarity) over my WiFi at home and free SMS with google voice (and the transcribed gmail when I get a voicemail is cool even if it's usually so muddled you can only get a general idea of the message - but if I'm on a conference call I can launch the MP3 of the voicemail and listen on my computer!)

4) Forecast weather widget. Love the 4x1 for my main homescreen that shows today +next 3 days weather.

5) RSS and Google News widgets. Glance at these periodically throughout the day and then 1 click to read a story that grabs my interest.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
just thought id point it out, Everyone has posted more then one app and half the comments are about screebl.

Not that it matters, just saying

90% of the time if I'm home or at work I leave my screen on never sleep. I'm a locale power user so I have 0 use for Screebl.

Technoman

Reaction score
Agree that SWYPE is awesome...
Love Radiotime for local Radio support.

Also Barcode Reader, Doc's to Go, on and on.... TOO many to name.