What's your favorite Android keyboard?

1tfrot

Reaction score
have liked a swype keyboard for some time now. used it on my old Vortex and now installed SlideIt on my rezound and love having the swype again.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Another vote for Swype. But I might try something else just for the fun of it.

OP
ambrown

ambrown

Reaction score
I did like swype but because it didn't come pre-installed I had to sign up for the beta and then every time there was an update I had to reinstall , etc. and I just wanted an easier update route. But SlideIt has been great for me.

Thanks for ask the feedback! Not all my threads get this much traffic :)

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
My favorite has to be FlexT9. Has the swype function but is infinitely better than swype. I can't remember how much it is (was free amazon app a few months ago) but it is definitely worth checking out. Another favorite is "Hackers Keyboard". Its more for tablets but works great on phones too. Doesn't have the swype functionality though. Has the arrow keys though which almost makes up for it imo.

I've tried Swiftkey, swype, and a bunch of others. I just couldn't get used to them. Have a physical keyboard though so only time onscreen keyboard gets used is if I'm in a hurry or something short and the ability to use just my thumb for a message is very handy.

Sent from my D2G

PatG

Reaction score
Been using the stock keyboard on my rezound. I am not that good typing on it, I thought it was just me. Maybe not??

What makes a paid keyboard better than just stock?

Sent from my Awesome Rezound using Droid Forums

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3

Some have colors or "skins" that you can use to customize it. Keyboards like Swype use tracing not typing. You can find an example of Swype and other keyboards like it on YouTube.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Swype.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Most of them have some type of extra features. There are plenty of free ones that are atleast better than the stock though.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

Most paid keyboards offer trials first, paying for a keyboard is more like supporting the dev of the app and possibly eliminates the use of ads in the app. As also mentioned, paying for the keyboard might also unlock additional features that make the app even better :)..

PatG

Reaction score
Most of them have some type of extra features. There are plenty of free ones that are atleast better than the stock though.

Yea but does it make typing easier? I used the swype feature on my keyboard and don't really like it. Typing with two thumbs is hit or miss with my stock keyboard. So do the other keyboards provide anything in terms of making typing easier?

csf101

Reaction score
I still use my stock DROID X Keyboard. I haven't really needed to get another keyboard for it.

Sent from my Milestone X using DroidForums

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Third place: Swype
Second place: SlideIt
First place (by far): Shapewriter! Gotta have it!

harajyuks

Reaction score
Was a swype keyboard guy, and more recently turning to swift key but lately I am loving voice input.. Works pretty well in all situations

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

DavePerez

Reaction score
I am finding this thread helpful. Like someone else said, I have been having trouble with the stock keyboard on Bionic and have been thinking it was just me. I am going to try a few of the ones suggested here and see which fits my use best. Didn't like voice input at all as it never seemed to learn/improve.

mamawm

Reaction score
I am finding this thread helpful. Like someone else said, I have been having trouble with the stock keyboard on Bionic and have been thinking it was just me. I am going to try a few of the ones suggested here and see which fits my use best. Didn't like voice input at all as it never seemed to learn/improve.
Swype is preinstalled on the bionic. It may take you a few days to get used to it. Just go into Swype setting and play around a bit with the speed vs accuracy setting and you'll be off to the races in no time.

DavePerez

Reaction score
Swype is preinstalled on the bionic. It may take you a few days to get used to it. Just go into Swype setting and play around a bit with the speed vs accuracy setting and you'll be off to the races in no time.

Odd, I don't see it in my apps since the 902 update. It does show in the manage apps area but I can't do anything there. I might try downloading/updating it.