What's your favorite Android keyboard?

ambrown

Reaction score
I used to be a guy who thought that the stock HTC keyboard on my Incredible was good enough. But after trying out a few keyboards I came to love the Slid-It keyboard and it's the one I use exclusively now.

A few things I love about it: 1) Good sliding prediction. 2) Changing between sliding and single letter entry is a tap away. 3) Easy punctuation entry. 4) Good skins to change out for when the original skin starts to hurt your eyes.

I actually only discovered number 3 recently by long-pressing a key and finding I didn't have to keep digging through the alt key to get the basic punctuation.

Anyway, enough about me; tell me what keyboards you guys love and why.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I myself am a Swype fan... Been using the beta for several months.... The one down fall about the beta... Lots of 9.png files.... So it's harder to theme...

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

kookk

Reaction score
When I had a Droid x2 I hated everything about it except that keyboard.

Very accurate and the vibration made each press feel even more accurate for some reason

Sent from my cyanobolt

ladybug1827

Reaction score
I love SwiftKey! I think I've tried every keyboard out there and always go back to SwiftKey.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
SlideIt is my favorite - word prediction when swipe typing is accurate, keyboard is resizable & themeable, easy to setup / use...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Although I like the ICS keyboard I agree that SlideIt works pretty nicely as well.

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Thought about trying a new keyboard but my phone warned that slide it and swiftkey could read my texts , credit card # etc so I was afraid to install

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I think that is a standard warning for any keyboard installed - the main thing is to check permissions / market feedback.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
There definitely is a warning message that comes up when selecting any market or installed keyboard. Pretty sure it even does for Swype.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I like Go SMS. it's free, has tons of add ons if you want, very customizable. Also allows you to schedule a message to go out at a specific day and time. Very cool. You can still use Swype within the program too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mamawm

Reaction score
swype for me. the others hadn't been released when i first started using swype and now i'm so used to it, i have no desire to switch.

HavoC

Reaction score
I'm currently using A.I. Type Keyboard and I like it a lot. I'm not sure of all the features it has yet, but I know you can adjust the size of it (both portrait and landscape), theme it, and it has arrow keys you can use which I really like to have coming from a Droid 1 and Droid 2. If you want something close to the stock android keyboard but with more options, I definitely recommend it. Its free in the Android Market.

Sent from my Droid Bionic using Tapatalk

vonfink13

Reaction score
tried a bunch and my current favorite is SwiftKey...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums