What is up with the 4g phone selections at VZ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by tsitalon1, May 18, 2011.

1. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    I believe you understand when I say "Droid" I mean all of the manufacturers that make devices under the Droid name.

2. xtremecanefan

xtremecanefan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Charges 4 buttons on the bottom of the phone (menu, home, back and search) are backlit. As far as the lag goes, a home replacement fixes it pretty well. I use ADW but LauncherPro works well to i hear. My only complaint, as well as many others is the color scheme which will hopefully be fixed soon by a a theme.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

3. jeremycnly

jeremycnly Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Until the storage cap of 4G Lte phones is raised I'm not interested, in any of them if 4G is there only selling point... 32gb isn't enough at those speeds.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. Zog

Zog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lol. You must be in that top 5% of data usage we so often talk about. Hate to see your bill after the data tiers.. imo, use a torrent remote instead of native client homie.. 32gb on a phone is more than enough.

5. tsitalon1

tsitalon1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't own one, but have heard two people complain that they are not backlit. I wonder why I'm getting conflicting stories here? Are they configurable, meaning can you enable/disable backlighting for the physical buttons?

No LED though right?

I wouldn't like to use the NOLED app and have my screen on all night trying to let me know I have a text/email....seems counter productive to battery life.

6. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    It certainly is if u use WiFi at home. I stream Pandora a lot...web...apps that connect to web etc and don't use 32gb of data a month. At least not the last time I checked.

I can however see these amounts of data use if netflix becomes available for the thunderbolt

ridin the lighting

7. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There's a reason why it's called bleeding edge. Look back and you'll see that the first 3G devices had the very same complaints. Fail to learn from history and...

There are high end devices out there. None may suit specifically what you're looking for but offering different models isn't the issue.

Satisfying forum enthusiasts who make up a tiny fraction of a percent of the overall market (commonly forgotten by forum enthusiasts) is not a viable business model. Of course the OEM's are going to spend effort on low and mid end devices. They sell better generally.

Just use Android. Droid is specific to Verizon.

One size does fit all and that's typically a major point for those choosing Android. If you want the iPhone experience there's always the iPhone.

#19 takeshi, May 19, 2011
    Last edited: May 19, 2011
  8. xtremecanefan

xtremecanefan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't see a setting for the buttons. Mine come on a few seconds after i unlock my screen if the lighting is dim enough for the sensor. It might only do it if brightness is on automatic. I will check tonight when i get home.

As for LED, there is none. I liked it on my droid but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. The lock screen has a big notification message in it and thats enough since i usually hit the power button as i take my phone out.

I don't use noled but may give it a try and see how badly it hurts my battery life.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

9. BodyBagz

BodyBagz Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    And I believe when you say Droid, you are only talking about 3 manufacturers at this time...HTC, Moto and now Samsung. Prior to the Charge, you would have been talking only about HTC and Moto. No way is the Droid namesake going to swarm the LTE phone market right now...so it is better to deal with LTE in the sense of Android, the OS... I cant help it if you cant see the folly in your original post...its fairly blatant...

As far as a high-end *Droid* labeled phones...you have 2 sitting on the shelves right now, the HTC Thunderbolt and the Samsung Charge...dont expect anything else other than maybe the Bionic/Targa/whatever it finally gets named, to be released anytime soon for exactly the reason I originally stated...there is not enough LTE coverage at this time to justify swamping the market with LTE devices that wont sell.

10. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    Your attempt to insult me for using the "Droid" name universally for the manufacturers that produce the products, is well...sad. As if I'm the only one to use the name interchangeably.

I can tell you're an internet tough guy, so I won't continue a dialogue with your kind.

11. BodyBagz

BodyBagz Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I didnt try to insult you. I merely pointed out that the use of the word "Droid", in your post, was incorrect...and it was. The fact that others use it interchangeably does not negate the fact that the use of it that way is wrong. Repeatedly doing something wrong will not ever make it right...folly is what it is...and as such why I called it so in my 2nd post to you.

Glad you think I am an internet "tough guy" based off of 2 posts I have made to you in this thread... Luckily, my "internet cred" can stand a hit or two....

Now, when you get done pouting, pull up your big-boy pants, wipe the tears away, and try to accept a simple correction for what it was...seems I wasnt the only poster to point out that little mistake you made...:)

BTW, good job on totally ignoring every aspect of my 2nd post that dealt specifically with what you were originally asking about...

12. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    If you're under the belief that the TB or the Charge are considered "High End", then you've only reassured my first assessment; that I've made the right choice in speaking with you not being worth my time.

Search tags for this page
droid charge unlock code
forgot password for samsung fit#gsc.tab
pattern unlock samsung i510

samsung sch i510 free unlock code

samsung sch i510 unlock code
samsung sch-i510 unlock code free
samsung sch-i510 verizon unlock code

sch-i510 unlock code

unlock samsung sch-i510