Help with picking out Next 4G phone?

Csst

Reaction score
I want to jump on a new 4G phone so i can lock myself into a unlimited plan for 4G before the tired plans kick in so i can be grandfather in. Whats do you think the best Verizon 4G phone is

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
That is like asking what is companies "X" best auto. Choosing a phone is a personal decision. I suggest that you visit a VZW store and test drive several different phones. One will jump out at you. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Mike

OP
C

Csst

Reaction score
The reason why im asking because i heard alot of bad stories about the HTC TB battery life i just didnt want to jump on a phone i will regret? Is there other 4G phones that have better battery life ect?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Understand! There a a lot of threads on this issue. Additionally, there are a lot of threads that address how to increase the battery life on the TB. Have you looked at the TB section here? You can check our sister forums
HTC Thunderbolt Forum and
Android Forum

alboboy10

Reaction score
For me it's tb. I just put a rom on it yesterday and it has changed so much. Performance wise and battery. If ur going to root get the tb.

OP
C

Csst

Reaction score
Can the Samsung charge be rooted?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I am in the process of doing the same thing... deciding which 4g phone I want to get or to take my chances and wait for the bionic. I have already played with the phones at Verizon and ruled out the lg revolution b/c the display seemed horrible. I loved the charge. I think the best advice is as already suggested, definitely play with them at a Verizon store. Then after you play with them, go to each of their dedicated forums and read what their owners have to say about what they like and don't like.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
C

Csst

Reaction score
Yea i think your right... the thing is i would love to wait but it sounds like tier plans are coming VERY SOON and if we dont lock in now we could be left paying for data charges i would rather jump on board and lock into a 4G unlimited plan not for 30 bucks than end up paying something like 20 for 1GB

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, it's a scary gamble and I'm sick of waiting. Visit the thunderbolt forum, the charge forum, and the lg rev forum. You learn allot of big and little things from the forums. Such as, i was all set to get the charge but after reading its forum found out it does not have an indicator light and I'm not sure i want to live without that. It is something I didn't notice when I played with it at Verizon.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

npro1464

Reaction score
I think the tb is the best 4G phone currently. The revo looks like it might be a bit of a dud and might not get much love from the dev community due to the lack of popularity. Surprisingly, the Charge is picking up a following, due to Samsung giving out its phone to devs and also being that the phone is building a community now ( consisting of mainly pissed tb users who got.tired of reboots and poor battery life).

You can wait for the Bionic, which is going to knock the socks off of anything out right now, especially since it looks like Moto might unlock it. But if you are afraid of tiers, as I was, get the tb or the charge. Watching HBO Go and streaming Pandora on my way to work on 4G, I can tell you that I'm going to pass that would he cap limit of 5gb. On my d1, I would get 750mb tops a month. It's a whole different game with LTE.

This threads just been BAMFed!

OP
C

Csst

Reaction score
i Hear ya what scares me the most about the TB is everyone saying the Battery life sucks on it and it seems the charge looks a bit better. But i dont think i would want to wait for the Bionic because i think by than the tier plans will be out by than.

alboboy10

Reaction score
If u root and install rom the battery gets a lot better.

I got 15 hours with 15 percent left today with about 3 hours of 3g and the rest on 4g. Reboot it once (myself) which killed some battery. Moderate use.

Extended battery and u won't need to think about charging it.

The performance is wow...this phone is a whole new animal once over clocked. Rom. Etc

Last edited:

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
If u root and install rom the battery gets a lot better.

I got 15 hours with 15 percent left today with about 3 hours of 3g and the rest on 4g. Reboot it once (myself) which killed some battery. Moderate use.

Extended battery and u won't need to think about charging it.

The performance is wow...this phone is a whole new animal once over clocked. Rom. Etc

Same here I'm running on thunder rom and battery life got way better

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Seawolf

Reaction score
Sadly my Wife and I can't upgrade until Aug 4 and I'm pretty sure we are screwed when it comes to being grandfathered in. We were hoping the bionic would come out in time to get grandfathered in, but even if it came out in July it looks like the cap goes into effect July 6th so we will probably get the bionic, but miss being grandfathered in.

I don't use a lot of streaming because on 3G it's pointless, but a sales person for AT&T told me that they did tests with their cap and even if you do a lot of downloading and uploading of files on a regular basis it will be tough to reach the cap. We were told that streaming music, xm/sirius radio, and even you tube does not cost a lot of bandwidth. Of course that's a salesman talking too. lol