What is up with the 4g phone selections at VZ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by tsitalon1, May 18, 2011.

1. etx_droid

etx_droid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's funny that before the TB came out, there was hype all over it and talk about how it was a game changer. It certainly was considered a high end device. Now it isn't? Why is that? Just curious is all...

And the Charge isn't a bad device at all, certainly worthy of the "Droid" namesake IMO, but well, yeah, that's just like my opinion, man :) (50 cool points for the person that gets this movie reference)

2. jaycemiskel

jaycemiskel Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Personally, I never thought the Thunderbolt was high end and didn't understand the hype.

Sent from my Transformer

3. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    It's because the TB was never high end, it was only marketed that way. The people who were aware of the specs and the performance knew it was not worth the upgrade, hence it's poor sales.

4. BodyBagz

BodyBagz Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Nice of you to put words into my mouth...and at the same time eat your own by still "speaking to me even after you said you wouldnt"...how hard exactly is it to peddle that bicycle backwards now?
    I never claimed or said I believed the TB to be high-end...and I quote myself here, "high-end *Droid* labeled phones...Verizon and the hype police labeled them as high-end as well as Droids...not me. Consumers will call them high-end based simply on their retail price point, as well as them being the newest phones on the carrier. Whether you, I or any other "tech junky knows different is a moot point. Verizon advertised, marketed, hyped and sold them as high-end...therefore, they are high-end...

Both of these deices are high-end...in the average consumers reference. Now, on Droid Forums or Howard Forums or any of 100 other "tech/gadget" forums, they are likely not as high-end as they could be... That does not mean diddly squat in the real world though...people purchase based on glitzy ads and the notion that the newest is obviously the best...and we know that is not the case at least %50 of the time...:)

Me either, and thats exactly why I am still sporting my Droid X...and will be for the foreseeable future. But, and yet again, we here on these forums are not your "average" users...we tend to dig deeper and explorer our options further than John and Jane Consumer. The average user is under the impression tht each newest device is tantamount to re-inventing the wheel...and thats why Verizon and AT&T have absolutely no problem with pushing new phones every 3-6 months...because they know they will sell enough to make a profit...

I would be willing to bet my next paycheck that the #1 reason for poor sales on the TB is all about limited access to 4G LTE service...and has absolutely nothing to do with "over hyped, lack luster specs". The fact that there are tons of glowing reviews for the phone and its only true fault is piss-poor battery life on 4G, tends to swing the argument in my favor. The device is a good device...and it filled the hole it was sold for...the 1st 4G LTE device on the hands down fastest service in the US...

5. Cloud36426

Cloud36426 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am very happy with the TB. I came from a DX and will never look back. IMO the TB is a high end device. Yeah it has some pros and cons but fits what I use it for the best. It is all about what you want out of a phone and what you expect. The TB has surpassed all of that and some and I have yet to try LTE. Will be this weekend and I'm sure that will make the phone that much better in my eyes.

Sent from my ADR6400L

6. vzdroid13

vzdroid13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, keys are backlit. And NOLED doesn't hurt battery life because of the LED screen.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

7. vzdroid13

vzdroid13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think that the droid charge and the TB are high end enough for what the network can handle now. What are they really missing???......a dual core???
    Verizons 4g network obviously doesn't work well with dual core, that's why the bionic was delayed, and why the x2 is on 3g. And there are only like 2 dual core phones out now anyway, both on slower networks. the only thing i want to know is why the infuse on att is 1.2 ghz while recharge is at 1. Small detail, but that bit of extra speed would have been nice.
    Sent from my DROID CHARGE using DroidForums

8. xtremecanefan

xtremecanefan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good to know, going to download it now.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page
droid charge unlock code
forgot password for samsung fit#gsc.tab
pattern unlock samsung i510

samsung sch i510 free unlock code