What is up with the 4g phone selections at VZ?

tsitalon1

Reaction score
******Warning-- the below is a rant*******

My area is getting 4g tomorrow and I am pissed!

I had a TB and took it back because of atrocious battery, looked at the CHARGE and the lack of backlit buttons, and LED kinda piss me off. Really! It also seemed somewhat laggy.

I really want to get grandfathered into the whole unlimited 4g but don't want to be stuck with a $hitty phone to do it.

I guess I can sell it later...maybe.....ahhhhhhh!

Rant over.

mach330

Reaction score
didn't know the lack of backlit buttons on the charge. that sux. the lg revolution is coming out this month too. but then again it's lg and has bing so i'll probably pass on that too. i just hope bionic comes out this summer and doesn't dissapoint.

i'm really afraid that when iphone 5 comes out on sept (if it is lte capable) , that's when this lte unlimited grandfather deal would stop. i hope a good (light, high resolution screen, decent battery life) droid phone comes out before sept.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
From what I heard a few months ago the folks at apple weren't happy with lte yet and weren't planning on putting it in the iPhone five. I don't follow the I stuff too much so that may have changed though.

tappin and a talkin

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If droid doesn't get it's act together and put out a high end phone soon, I'm going to jump into something I never thought I would do.....can't....say it.... buy an Iphone.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
From what I heard a few months ago the folks at apple weren't happy with lte yet and weren't planning on putting it in the iPhone five. I don't follow the I stuff too much so that may have changed though.

tappin and a talkin

That's correct. The iPhone 5 won't have LTE and more than likely won't have anything to do with unlimited 4g ending. It's been their plan to go to tiers all along.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
If droid doesn't get it's act together and put out a high end phone soon, I'm going to jump into something I never thought I would do.....can't....say it.... buy an Iphone.

You're kidding, right? What would possess you to get a iphone? They aren't even that good.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Oh let's not start this. The iPhone remarks like this are past annoying.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Yuck, I'd rather get a cheap, basic, non smart phone than get an iPhone. They actually suck. A lot of people I know are not very happy with it.

Tappin' away on my DROIDX

Did you not just read my last post?

Let me state this a little more clearly so no one misunderstands.

Do NOT start the slamming iPhone garbage here. I'm tired of it.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Yuck, I'd rather get a cheap, basic, non smart phone than get an iPhone. They actually suck. A lot of people I know are not very happy with it.

Tappin' away on my DROIDX

Did you not just read my last post?

Let me state this a little more clearly so no one misunderstands.

Do NOT start the slamming iPhone garbage here. I'm tired of it.

+1! Not to mention, its off topic as well.

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The fact is the Iphone is a solid phone, don't get me wrong, I love droid, the only reason I got a smart phone was because of the OG. The problem is, they're dropping the ball here lately with not releasing a flagship phone.

Apple does one thing right, they know how to make one extremely good phone, that everyone will buy, therefore they can perfect that phone.

All the droid makers haven't figured this out and we're in this situation where we have a couple dozen phones and none of them are as good as they could be if they focused on maybe 3 phones, low end, mid, high end/flagship.

We shouldn't have to be waiting around for the flagship phone, like the Bionic, it should be Moto's main priority. Until they realize this, we will be the ones who suffer by having to make tough decisions that we're forced to stick with for 2 years.

Our dilemma? We want to buy the High-End Droid, except, it doesn't exist.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Well, to be fair, whether a phone is a "Droid" or not has absolutely no bearing on whether it is going to or not going to be an LTE phone. Droid is a line of phones, not dependent on manufacturer, so "a name" can not be held accountable.

Verizon will have more LTE phones when they have a larger LTE Network that is stable, and not a day sooner. To do so right now, would see multiple high end, high priced devices sitting on the shelf...and that costs more money.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Verizon will have more LTE phones when they have a larger LTE Network that is stable, and not a day sooner. To do so right now, would see multiple high end, high priced devices sitting on the shelf...and that costs more money.

I was just about to say exactly this. I have a feeling they've held back a little on the LTE's until the bugs are worked out of the system. It's just not in their better interests to release multiple phones right now with technology that still isn't quite completely ready for primetime.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, to be fair, whether a phone is a "Droid" or not has absolutely no bearing on whether it is going to or not going to be an LTE phone. Droid is a line of phones, not dependent on manufacturer, so "a name" can not be held accountable.

I believe you understand when I say "Droid" I mean all of the manufacturers that make devices under the Droid name.

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
******Warning-- the below is a rant*******

My area is getting 4g tomorrow and I am pissed!

I had a TB and took it back because of atrocious battery, looked at the CHARGE and the lack of backlit buttons, and LED kinda piss me off. Really! It also seemed somewhat laggy.

Rant over.

The Charges 4 buttons on the bottom of the phone (menu, home, back and search) are backlit. As far as the lag goes, a home replacement fixes it pretty well. I use ADW but LauncherPro works well to i hear. My only complaint, as well as many others is the color scheme which will hopefully be fixed soon by a a theme.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

jeremycnly

Reaction score
Until the storage cap of 4G Lte phones is raised I'm not interested, in any of them if 4G is there only selling point... 32gb isn't enough at those speeds.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App