Help with picking out Next 4G phone?

Detonation

Reaction score
Sadly my Wife and I can't upgrade until Aug 4 and I'm pretty sure we are screwed when it comes to being grandfathered in. We were hoping the bionic would come out in time to get grandfathered in, but even if it came out in July it looks like the cap goes into effect July 6th so we will probably get the bionic, but miss being grandfathered in.

I don't use a lot of streaming because on 3G it's pointless, but a sales person for AT&T told me that they did tests with their cap and even if you do a lot of downloading and uploading of files on a regular basis it will be tough to reach the cap. We were told that streaming music, xm/sirius radio, and even you tube does not cost a lot of bandwidth. Of course that's a salesman talking too. lol

Where did you hear July 6?

Beka27

Reaction score
People act like they're stuck with a phone for two years with no way out... lol. Get a 4G phone now, re-up your contract, get your unlimited 4G. In a couple months, purchase the Bionic RETAIL, and sell the (gently used) 4G phone to recoup your money.

alboboy10

Reaction score
If u root and install rom the battery gets a lot better.

I got 15 hours with 15 percent left today with about 3 hours of 3g and the rest on 4g. Reboot it once (myself) which killed some battery. Moderate use.

Extended battery and u won't need to think about charging it.

The performance is wow...this phone is a whole new animal once over clocked. Rom. Etc

Same here I'm running on thunder rom and battery life got way better

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

That's the one I have as well

npro1464

Reaction score
Who knows when they will scrap unlimited anyway. They were supposed to do it last summer, and all this talk and nothing.

I wanted an HTC phone anyway, so the TB seemed like a perfect fit. Most of the battery drain comes from bloatware, widgets, and 4G. The charge has terrible battery life on 4G, from what I've heard, and I suspect the bionic will as well.

This threads just been BAMFed!