What is this on my phone??

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I haven't figured this out, but when I put my phone into my car dock and CarHome Ultra loads up, I get this icon that is kind of right in the middle of things (it's on top), I can't move it, and I just have to tap around it, which is very difficult. I tap the icon, though and it starts recording video. I tap it again, and it stops the recording.

What is this and how can I kill it?? It's annoying me! Ughhh :angry:

I also have Camera and Camera ICS installed on my phone. I don't think either of those two are the culprits, but I could be wrong.

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Pic?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Sorry I'll have to get back to you on that. I'll do that tomorrow. Basically it's a square shaped box that's transparent, and I've been able to move it in the past but not today when I took a trip. When recording, it beeps when the recording starts/stops and also has a green indicator line, I think when recording video. It's not as big as the CarHome Ultra squares, in fact, smaller than my fingers (not thumb).

Reaction score
CarHome Ultra and Camera ICS are 3rd party apps. If you didn't put them on there I would suggest uninstalling them.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Sounds like a dash cam app. I just checked on my version of Car HOme Ultra and cant find a setting for it so my guess it may be a feature of CameraICS that gets enabled when its in a vehicle dock.

David

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
CarHome Ultra and Camera ICS are 3rd party apps. If you didn't put them on there I would suggest uninstalling them.

Once I discovered CarHome Ultra I never went back to using the stock app. Same with Camera ICS, I just seem to like the pictures better. I wonder if there's a Camera JB. Haven't looked into it yet. Can't remember when I installed it, if it was before ICS was available for the MAXX or not, I'm guessing it was.

Sounds like a dash cam app. I just checked on my version of Car HOme Ultra and cant find a setting for it so my guess it may be a feature of CameraICS that gets enabled when its in a vehicle dock.

David

Didn't see anything in Camera ICS related to a dash cam app. Wish I could post a screen shot like the first reply asked, but wouldn't you know it...the moment I post this thread, and try re-produce the problem, it goes away. Maybe I inadvertently disabled it and if that's the case, I wish I knew what I did. I was playing with the CarHome Ultra settings, but don't remember seeing anything having to do with video.

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
+1. Amongst other advantages, it makes voice dialing by numbers SO much easier!
Voice dialing? Haven't gotten the hang of that. Feel free to PM me (or reply on this topic although it's unrelated) and explain how to do that and how it works. I'm intrigued.

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Voice dialing? Haven't gotten the hang of that. Feel free to PM me (or reply on this topic although it's unrelated) and explain how to do that and how it works. I'm intrigued.

Just tap the 'Voice Search' button on the app, then say "dial 555-555-5555". Works like a charm!

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Just tap the 'Voice Search' button on the app, then say "dial 555-555-5555". Works like a charm!

Whoops, I removed that. Didn't know what it was for, I just put on what I think I'd use. Guess I'll readd it. Ever tried JARVIS? I was looking at it, but that's all the further I got.

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Yes, I tried Jarvis, but the stock Google Search (as simplified by the Voice Search button on CarHome Ultra) is the best way I've found to dial by number in your car. Try it and I think you'll agree.

Reaction score
Once I discovered CarHome Ultra I never went back to using the stock app. Same with Camera ICS, I just seem to like the pictures better. I wonder if there's a Camera JB. Haven't looked into it yet. Can't remember when I installed it, if it was before ICS was available for the MAXX or not, I'm guessing it was.

I'm sorry. I miss understood what was going on. I read it as you had these apps that you didn't know how they got there.

Last edited:
OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I'm sorry. I miss understood what was going on. I read it as you had these apps that you didn't know how they got there.

That isn't the problem, the problem is, I have some app, somewhere, and I don't know what it is, that apparently has some sort of Dash Cam setting. I don't know which app it is. Problem is, the moment I create this thread, of course I cannot reproduce the error to get a screen capture to illustrate what I'm talking about. And actually, the problem no longer exists for now, as I've taken a new route with my phone and have installed Safestrap and flashed a custom ROM (CM 10.2 Nightly) on my phone. I still have the Stock ROM on my phone which I can still boot into if need be. I'm beginning to wonder if I should, actually as the CM ROM isn't very smooth (a new Nightly update may fix it), but that's for another thread.

newbroot83

Reaction score
Have you got a pic of it yet?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2