What does Auto Brightness actually do?

jamjr74

Reaction score
I have my phone set to auto brightness, what does it actually do? Does it adjust brightness due to time of day or does it sense how bright your surroundings are and adjust? Is it better for battery life? :greendroid:

coreno

Reaction score
The DI has a light sensor on the top to the left of the Verizon logo. It will change brightness according to ambient light. It will get brighter as the room gets brighter, to make it easier to see.

For example, out in sunlight, it will be at full brightness. In a dark room, it will be at low brightness (but does not go all the way down on auto for some reason).

CrazyJek

Reaction score
Leave it on full 100%. Everything looks so much better and the AMOLED screen uses very little power even at full.

From max charge to dead, "Display" used a total of 8% of my battery on full brightness. I think that is pretty damn good for enjoying your amazing screen.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Leave it on full 100%. Everything looks so much better and the AMOLED screen uses very little power even at full.

From max charge to dead, "Display" used a total of 8% of my battery on full brightness. I think that is pretty damn good for enjoying your amazing screen.
I think this is an extreme ecxample, in that most will not have that result, myself included. It's a known fact that the screen uses up much of the battery.