DROID Hints

Silver Member
Reaction score
DROID Hints: Brightness Settings (2.0.1)

Here's a new one I learned today:

The Multimedia Home's brightness is controlled by the brightness setting and not by the auto-brightness feature. Whatever brightness your setting is set to, your Multimedia Home will be that brightness.

This has been driving me nuts since moving to 2.0.1. It seemed like the brightness would auto-adjust, just as anywhere else in the phone, prior to the upgrade, but had not been doing so since.

If you want the brightness of the Multimedia Home to be the lowest setting, turn off auto-brightness, move the slider to the lowest setting and then turn on auto-brightness again. Pick a different setting for levels of brightness.

Last edited:
OP

Silver Member
Reaction score
what do you mean by multimedia home?
It is the clock app tht appears when you put the phone in the desktop cradle (or when you run dockrunner).

droidgirl1

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I noticed the same thing. Never had time to figure it out. Just had to deal with hitting the button after it was on cradle. Some nights I would forget and not have a full charge.

Thanks.

Kitulu

Reaction score
Glad you posted this, 'cause my droid lights up the whole room when it is docked, even when it is on the "night" setting.

GrillMouster

Reaction score
Back when I had 2.01 and 2.1 I found that, even with the screen brightness turned all the way down the screen was still too bright. In addition, the back-lighted buttons beneath were bright and would remain illuminated while the phone was in the multimedia dock. I found that turning the phone completely off, then putting it in the dock would solve the problem. The phone has to be on when charging, so the moment you put it in the charging dock it starts to power up, but the back-lighted buttons at the bottom of the phone don't stay on all night. However, once you touch anything on the phone they come back on and stay on while the phone is in the dock.

Like I said, even with the screen brightness all the way down the screen was too bright for me, so I just lock the phone (turning off the screen) at night.

Kitulu

Reaction score
Well, with the latest firmware update they seem to have fixed the problem...now the "night" setting turns off the lights

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App