Quickly adjust screen brightness indoor/outdoor?

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Tech Support' started by guitarchris123, Mar 22, 2011.

1. guitarchris123

Ratings:
    +0
    So I normally set my screen between 20-30% to save battery, and have absolutely no problems seeing the screen brightly and clearly. However, I went golfing yesterday (sunny out) and I could hardly read my screen at all without blocking the sun and squinting. I know I could have changed the setting or used auto-brightness, but I think auto-brightness makes it too bright most of the time and drains battery, and it is kind of a hassle to go change the setting every time I go outside.

The stock HTC brightness widget only toggles between 40%, 60%, and 100%, which does not work for me. I was using Elixir to control brightness, but found it inconvenient for that particular setting with its tiny and inaccurate slider (although great for many other settings). Today I discovered the Brightness Level widget (by Curvefish) in the market. It lets you set brightness at 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%, and Auto, all with one click. You can even use the large slider at the bottom to get an even more customized level above/below one of those settings (eg. 15%, 20%, 30%, etc.). I have found 25% to be great for inside, and 75% to be great for outside. Great app, highly recommended, and free!

Hope this helps out anyone who is having the same problem I was.

2. thmorrill

thmorrill New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Brightness solutions

Hey great tip!! I was litterally sifting through the market for something to answer this very same issue!

3. Wickiup

Wickiup New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you. My ThunderBolt is not dimming fast enough for my liking. I will try Brightness Level Widget!

4. ben1284

ben1284 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been using that app for a long time. It's easily my most used app I have dwnlded. It's nice isn't it!?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page

android outdoor brightness

app which can auto adjust bright for outdoor-indoor

find brightness app on my thunderbolt htc

how to adjust brightness on the motorola atrix from inside t

how to adjust screen brightness for outside

how to outdoor brightness on android phone

htc thunderbolt brighter screen

increase brightness outside android app

outdoor brightness app

where is outdoor brightness android phone