this Droid requires more maintenance than a woman

Derekweb

Reaction score
In 2.1, when charging in the car dock, the screen stayed bright. This is what I want.

In 2.2, it goes to lowered brightness during the day, but not in the evening. I set the brightness to high and turned off auto bright, to no avail.

Do i have to buy tasker to program this thing? (this Droid is great, but requires more maintenance than a woman. Updates, application updates, on and on. I don't have time for both, and I prefer to keep the woman!)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In 2.1, when charging in the car dock, the screen stayed bright. This is what I want.

In 2.2, it goes to lowered brightness during the day, but not in the evening. I set the brightness to high and turned off auto bright, to no avail.

Do i have to buy tasker to program this thing? (this Droid is great, but requires more maintenance than a woman. Updates, application updates, on and on. I don't have time for both, and I prefer to keep the woman!)

Well, I'm sure that will brighten up all the female Droid owners who are probably thinking some choice words for you for the title of this thread.

All you need to to is clear the cache out every once in a while and shut it off from time to time. I don't find I have to do a lot of maintenance, I am rooted so that makes it easier.

You know peoples perceptions about the Droid are interesting. All I got to say is if you think this requires maintenance, try a Blackberry Storm. That's truly astounding.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't use the car dock for anything so I don't have a firm answer for you. But I'd be willing to bet that there are settings in there somewhere that you are missing. Dig around and you'll find it/them.

Also, I seem to recall that there were some alternate "Car Dock" apps in the market that were supposed to be an improvement over the native app.

Good luck.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you think this....you obviously have a woman that is NOT high maintenance. My poor hubby :rofl3:

crspang

Reaction score

It does it in the evening too. I'm rooted and currently running UD7 and it still does it to me too. I've yet to find a setting to turn it off.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh Cmon, his woman just needs to be maintained at the proper pressure ...

"Having fun with his woman is always a cinch, when she's pumped up to thirty five pounds per square inch"
- Bur Letour "My girlfriend is inflatable" ...

and a patch every now and then, just like SW !

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
All you need to do is clear the cache out every once in a while and shut it off from time to time. I don't find I have to do a lot of maintenance, I am rooted so that makes it easier.

You know peoples perceptions about the Droid are interesting. All I got to say is if you think this requires maintenance, try a Blackberry Storm. That's truly astounding.

I agree. It doesn't take much maintenance, especially with the "update all" feature of Froyo.

But I have to say that there is virtually no documentation that provides the (good) advice you note above. Rebooting one's phone, much less "clearing cache," is hardly a task many users would think to undertake. Yet I see post after post here that suggest those actions would resolve users' problems.