Auto-brightness or manual brightness? Which one

tu3218

Reaction score
Do you guys have your brightness set up to be auto adjusted to the lighting around or do you have it set at a certain brightness?

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Max brightness all day, lowest setting for use as an alarm clock.

That auto brightness drives me bananas, personally.

PriestSyrinx

Reaction score
I have mine set at 20% and use the Beautiful Widgets Brightness Widget to bump it up to 100% when outdoors. Works well for me.

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
I have mine set at 20% and use the Beautiful Widgets Brightness Widget to bump it up to 100% when outdoors. Works well for me.

I might try this set up. I imagine brightness of the screen really effects battery life. An having it set to a low setting while indoors, when I do the most playing around with my phone would probably really help my battery life.

PriestSyrinx

Reaction score
I was wondering what that was useful for.... thanksdancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

I get better battery life having it set to a lower brightness most of the time, but living in Florida, it's hard to see the screen when outside if the brightness is anything less than 100%. This allows me to quickly switch between the two settings without going through the Settings screen.

I hope this answers what you were asking?

BKS

Reaction score

I'm sorry....can I ask where this widget may be found as I learn my way around my Droid.

TIA

PriestSyrinx

Reaction score

I'm sorry....can I ask where this widget may be found as I learn my way around my Droid.

TIA

It came with Beautiful Widgets, which is on the Market. I think you can do something similar with the stock Power Widget.

Joker

Reaction score
I like the auto brightness. I go from indoors to outdoors quite a bit and it got annoying to manually adjust it all the time.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i personally use the power control widget to adjust brightness. Unless i'm outside, i'm at lowest settings.

jrod1990

Reaction score
14% normal, with the BW widget to bump up to 100% when outside.