What do YOU do to save battery life...

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Im hoping i can get some good tips all on one thread here and hopefully it will help others. The biggest ? i have is whats the general consensus on keeping wifi on? is the wifi radio less of a battery killer than the 3g radio? Ive heard mixed answers. I keep my wifi on when im home...hope im right lol

EDIT: JUST READ THROUGH THE THREAD...YOU'LL FIND SOME GOOD TIPS!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
my thoughts:

low brightness
wifi uses less battery than 3G does
turn off GPS when not in use
longer sync intervals for apps like twitter & fbook
get screebl lite on the market

also, i have my 3G turned off when not in use. big battery saver

OP
Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
my thoughts:

low brightness

thanks man. im going to try screebl lite

trillonometry

Reaction score
I switched to GummyJAR 1.8.1 and ULV underclocked to 900mhz

the phone still flies like it did overclocked on apex. although doesnt have all the blur functions this rom has, i have had 0 isssues

my battery life is ridiculous now

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
On top of keeping 3g off if I don't need it I have Juice Defender. It turns off all data usage except at certain times so I can keep all my settings on auto. It polls for 3 minutes every 15 minutes so everything can sync, then go back to off .
Screen brightness makes a huge difference too but low signal on 1C is my biggest non changeable battery user. Airplane mode is not practical for me but would work if you don't need your phone as a phone and have low signal to drastically improve battery life

Support Our Troops!! UltraKeyboarded from a wifi monolith.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
On top of keeping 3g off if I don't need it I have Juice Defender. It turns off all data usage except at certain times so I can keep all my settings on auto. It polls for 3 minutes every 15 minutes so everything can sync, then go back to off .
Screen brightness makes a huge difference too but low signal on 1C is my biggest non changeable battery user. Airplane mode is not practical for me but would work if you don't need your phone as a phone and have low signal to drastically improve battery life

use juice defender too deff worth it if u dont need to be on 3G all the time

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
thanks for pointing out juice defender! i used to use airplane mode, but that just wasnt feasible. and it automatically turns signal back on when you turn on the screen, which is quite handy. it failed installing to AOSP stuff though... is that a problem?

hyperlite

Reaction score
Anyone use tasked to control 3G? Trying to decide between that and juice defender for that task. Anyone have an issue with their phone not sleeping using juice defender? I've had that issue previously.

sent from my X

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No problem sleeping with JD for me.
I got a few widgets from curve fish to toggle my stuff without running the CPU all the time. Very battery friendly they are

droidxchat

Reaction score
my thoughts:

low brightness

Good tips except I'm pretty sure GPS is automatically turned off when not in use. For instance you can keep it on, and you won't see its activity unless you use an app that asks for it (such as the browser). I don't know for sure though, just going by the GPS icon.

Other tips:
Disable "allow google to collect anonymous location data, etc".
BIG ONE: Every once in a while, charge your phone to 100%, then go to recovery and advanced and wipe your battery stats.
Be careful what "memory management" apps you use. I'm not saying that none of them work, but I am saying that from what I've seen, most of them will drain more power than they save.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Even when not it use, I believe the phone will still communicate with the satellites. I keep it off just to be sure.

my thoughts:

low brightness

Good tips except I'm pretty sure GPS is automatically turned off when not in use. For instance you can keep it on, and you won't see its activity unless you use an app that asks for it (such as the browser). I don't know for sure though, just going by the GPS icon.

Other tips:
BIG ONE: Every once in a while, charge your phone to 100%, then go to recovery and advanced and wipe your battery stats.
Be careful what "memory management" apps you use. I'm not saying that none of them work, but I am saying that from what I've seen, most of them will drain more power than they save.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
my thoughts:

low brightness

Other tips:

how do u turn off anonymous data?