terrible battery life

jkieffer46

Reaction score
Charged to 100% last night and unplugged to see what standby was like. 2.5hrs later im down to 65%!! Nothing is running. Standby and wifi are the to two at 23%. Have it on night time battery saver. Im on 959 and rooted. Is it possble the root is killing the battery? Ive heard people having issues with it.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Charged to 100% last night and unplugged to see what standby was like. 2.5hrs later im down to 65%!! Nothing is running. Standby and wifi are the to two at 23%. Have it on night time battery saver. Im on 959 and rooted. Is it possble the root is killing the battery? Ive heard people having issues with it.

Night time saver kills your battery due to bad bugs.. its not root. Id recommend getting that "soaked" OTA update because it helps your bad sooo much. I left my phone on over night full charged on night time saver and woke up with 99% left still. 8hr sleep. Before that, it'd die over night easy. If not, the real OTA update should be out soon and do the same. D3 had a lot of bugs stock that varied from person to person.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

djembeman

Reaction score
To quick to root?

It sounds like people might be a little fast to rooting their phones. I personally want to get to know my phone for a bit before I do something as drastic as rooting it. I guess I take a cautious approach to rooting. It did kind of bite me in the @ss though, due to an update being released for the LG Revolution that closed the root exploit. Now I'm forced to wait, but am ready to take the plunge.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
The real problem is the lack of a means to restore the phone. I think most of those that rooted are happy and don't have any real issues. Some did blindly charge forward and caused some issues.

If I loose root because I waited, then I loose it.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The real problem is the lack of a means to restore the phone. I think most of those that rooted are happy and don't have any real issues. Some did blindly charge forward and caused some issues.

If I loose root because I waited, then I loose it.

Yeah I completely agree. A lot of the hype around rooting left some people that aren't to knowledgable with it with a non working phone. Really though, root is exactly what messes it up(usually), its what you do when you root it.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
This is a known bug. Sometimes battery shows a fast decline. Keep using the phone and you'll see the charge isn't really gone. Probably will get fixed with update.

corc305

Reaction score
On 959 I improved battery life by rooting and freezing the bloat. Just installed 890 this weekend and a huge difference in battery life. Very glad I updated.

With the annoucement out from Verizon now I'm not sure why they are delaying sending the updates to the phones...