What company really makes the HTC Incredible?

OP
D

DRB

Reaction score
I got the replacement phone a few minutes ago.dancedroid
It is the same HTC incredible, as shown in a pic in an earlier post. So, why they listed it under Audiovox is beyond me. Thanks for all the replies.

jsnipy

Reaction score
It is the same HTC incredible, as shown in a pic in an earlier post. So, why they listed it under Audiovox is beyond me. Thanks for all the replies.
Thank god, i just went through this. I was scared I would get something off branded or somehow made with missing features.

Kinda like the Sears version of the Atari 2600. I mean it played the same games, but you know ...

JTD

Reaction score
Thank god, i just went through this. I was scared I would get something off branded or somehow made with missing features.

Kinda like the Sears version of the Atari 2600. I mean it played the same games, but you know ...

I just tried to file a claim on my Incredible, and I saw the same issue with the Audiovox-glad this was here! However, the insurance said they are backordered...so I am wondering how long it took you to get yours?

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
LMAO i got to admit when i read the title and the OP i busted up laughing.

ffej89

Reaction score
While the Samsung AMOLED screens sported by the Incredible are beautiful and a key selling feature, HTC is looking at the Sony Super TFT LCD as a replacement while they attempt to catch up with demand. HTC claims that there are “no discernible difference between the displays” and they even expect the change to fly under the radar.
We’ll be interested to see what these new LCD’s look like, especially out in the sun. We’ll also do what we can to try and get a hold of one so that we can put them through a side-by-side comparison to look for any dramatic differences.
And on a related note, we’ve been told that the Incredible is definitely not on a closeout schedule and we should instead expect a big ramp-up for the device once the shortages have disappeared.
Cheers to everyone who sent this in!
Source: Android Community[/QUOTE]

If they do use the TFT screens will it be the same screen they use on their Evo?

ygohome

Reaction score

I just tried to file a claim on my Incredible, and I saw the same issue with the Audiovox-glad this was here! However, the insurance said they are backordered...so I am wondering how long it took you to get yours?

fYI...i just received my incredible from asurion for a lost phone claim. It was on back order when I placed the claim last monday. It shipped out to me friday afternoon and I got it at my home the next morning. Brand new too by the way, not a referb.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

crimsontide

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

I just tried to file a claim on my Incredible, and I saw the same issue with the Audiovox-glad this was here! However, the insurance said they are backordered...so I am wondering how long it took you to get yours?[/QUOTE]

Go check your online claim NOW, I filed one last week, and then was out of town and away from the internet and by the time they "called" me they were out of stock. I haven't received a call or anything today but just decided to randomly check and low and behold there they were so go NOW :)

With that said THANK YOU to the OP because I too was freaked out when I saw the Audiovox on there but feel much better now!

MissRegan

Reaction score
HTC Incredible is by Audiovox

Actually Audiovox DOES make the HTC Incredible...I had to have a replacement device sent to me, and during the insurance claim process I ran across "Audiovox HTC Incredible". I called to make sure this was my HTC Incredible from Verizon, and indeed it was. Received the handset, and its exactly identical.

samimnot

Reaction score
sorry you had to deal with rude idiots on here. the htc incredible is 100% definitely made by audiovox. i can't believe these know-it-alls act out on here.

T23NT

Reaction score
^ THIS 100% !!!
Everyone who criticized the OP and his question should be ashamed lol !
Just because you see a "BRAND NAME" on a product DOES NOT identify the manufacturer.

This is, almost always, the case with most electronics. Many times the name you see is something like a distributor. Many times the EXACT same device is manufactured AND distributed by multiple "brands". Sometimes the brand/distibutor/manufacturer/developer contracts with their direct competition to manufacture a product.

Last edited:

Anticitizen

Reaction score
Dear god, people. AUDIOVOX DOESN'T MANUFACTURE ANYTHING. Audiovox is a global distributor who licenses their brand out to smaller manufacturers. For instance, most 'Audiovox' phones you've seen in the last few years were manufactured by Pantech. Audiovox happens to distribute HTC products.

HTC MAKES THIS PHONE, NOT AUDIOVOX!