What are Your First Impessions Of The Galaxy Nexus?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's been pretty incredible so far.

Screen is amazing, literally the best I've ever seen.

The phone does not feel big at all, my hands are average size, 6'' tall. The only time I notice the size is when I go to check the notification bar with my thumb and I have to stretch a bit.

The camera is better than people said, it focuses very well and takes great shots at incredible speeds(haven't loaded them on my computer yet but on the Nexus screen they look great).

The connection sucked at the beginning, but now it's normal, I think it was just when everything was being loaded from Google/market ect...4G is 2-3 bars and is blazingly fast(had the OG for 2 years).

Still getting used to ICS obviously, theres a million things I haven't done but everything is super smooth. The keyboard is nice, landscape feels a little big as I've been using the OG's for 2 years, but it's very well spaced and the word "guess/correction" is amazing.

Battery life seems so so, I'm sure it will improve after I charge it a few times, still haven't charged it for more than 30mins yet.

I'd say the thing I'm most impressed with is the screen, ICS and the camera.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's been pretty incredible so far.

Screen is amazing, literally the best I've ever seen.

The phone does not feel big at all, my hands are average size, 6'' tall. The only time I notice the size is when I go to check the notification bar with my thumb and I have to stretch a bit.

The camera is better than people said, it focuses very well and takes great shots at incredible speeds(haven't loaded them on my computer yet but on the Nexus screen they look great).

The connection sucked at the beginning, but now it's normal, I think it was just when everything was being loaded from Google/market ect...4G is 2-3 bars and is blazingly fast(had the OG for 2 years).

Still getting used to ICS obviously, theres a million things I haven't done but everything is super smooth. The keyboard is nice, landscape feels a little big as I've been using the OG's for 2 years, but it's very well spaced and the word "guess/correction" is amazing.

Battery life seems so so, I'm sure it will improve after I charge it a few times, still haven't charged it for more than 30mins yet.

I'd say the thing I'm most impressed with is the screen, ICS and the camera.

Remember the blindtype keyboard that was bought out by Google but then never heard from again, well the ICS keyboard is the blindtype keyboard!

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm having a harder time getting used to sense than anything..lol I've only had motor phones. Seems snappy. Haven't got to play with it much yet but I do like the bigger screen and better resolution and its very light. I'm comparing with my bionic. I got side by side right now and the nexus is just barely bigger but the screen itself is quite a difference.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is anybody else having data connectivity issues? I know I'm not the only one, but I've seen nobody report on here...

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is anybody else having data connectivity issues? I know I'm not the only one, but I've seen nobody report on here...

I only had problems the first hour I had the phone, 4g's been solid for about 4 hours now.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Fine here, in fact I'm averaging higher speeds with 4g than my WiFi:shocked-b:

loki993

Reaction score
No. It really doesn't feel any bigger than the 4.3" devices. If you're coming from the og, it'll be an adjustment though.

Im on a D2 right now, but Ive made my peace with the fact that if I want a top end phone its going to be bigger. there is the option for the D4 though, which Im waiting to see. It will depend on ROM availability though too.

busab

Reaction score
I went and checked it out today in the store. To be honest even know I have one ordered and should be here tomorrow I am not completely sold on it coming from my Razr. Yes its faster, the screen is better and the camera seems to be better. I am just having a hard time coming to terms with the build quality of it compared to my Razr. Also the sound from the speaker or 'lack there of" is also disappointing. But this is all just what I thought at the store. Once I have it in my hands at home my opinion may change but I don't know yet.

Its pretty bad when the toughest decision in my life right now is choosing between keeping my Razr or the Nexus. God im spoiled.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I am enjoying the phone so far. However it is a bit of an adjustment with ICS of course. The call quality is superior to my Thunderbolt and my wife says I sound better also. The gps locked very quickly so no issues there.

A couple issues I am having that I can't figure out is I can't log in to Amazon App store... it says invalid email or password. Strange thing is I can't log in on my Thunderbolt either... I've changed the password and it just isn't working.

Also can't sign into Live Texas Holdem poker... I start to type the password and it stops at 5 letters... strange.

But other than these two things I am enjoying the phone.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I dont think the data issues are NEXUS specific... I still have my Bionic active and running and its been dropping data today as well. Probably the 1,000,000 test activation calls for the Nexus..lol

alucard9114

Reaction score
If the Lte version is this thin the GSM version must be razr esk. so far just updated and charging it fully before i start messing with it.

n8sco

Reaction score
Comfortable in the hand, smooth, smart, responsive and amazing. This phone is like a walking superlative. Easily the best phone on the market by a mile.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
im with you there.. im stock non root and locked.. not doing anything til the devs get a better handle on it and make tools specific to our LTE devices. This phones been out 14 hours and im already seeing people bricking their phones trying to install the GSM stuff.