What are Your First Impessions Of The Galaxy Nexus?

A2EN

Reaction score
I just came back from messing around with it at the VZW store. I felt underwhelmed at first. I played with it for quit a bit and after they got the camera working and youtube videos to play, it started to grow on me. I'm going to hold off purchasing it (mainly because I'm going out of town this weekend) and when I get back I'll read up impressions and make a decision then.

alucard9114

Reaction score
If the Lte version is this thin the GSM version must be razr esk. so far just updated and charging it fully before i start messing with it.
had an appointment at 10 got in my car at 830 to get there early just in case.My car wont start:frown: So thank god i had AAA and got a guy to come jump me.I hadnt driven in a few weeks and i have a 5yr old battery got jumped raced to Verizon got in got out now my Galaxy Nexus has a great story and is ready to go.

Chubbydog

Reaction score
Does anybody know if you can set up groups to forward texts? That's one thing I miss about my old Samsung.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
It's been pretty incredible so far.

Screen is amazing, literally the best I've ever seen.

The phone does not feel big at all, my hands are average size, 6'' tall. The only time I notice the size is when I go to check the notification bar with my thumb and I have to stretch a bit.

The camera is better than people said, it focuses very well and takes great shots at incredible speeds(haven't loaded them on my computer yet but on the Nexus screen they look great).

The connection sucked at the beginning, but now it's normal, I think it was just when everything was being loaded from Google/market ect...4G is 2-3 bars and is blazingly fast(had the OG for 2 years).

Still getting used to ICS obviously, theres a million things I haven't done but everything is super smooth. The keyboard is nice, landscape feels a little big as I've been using the OG's for 2 years, but it's very well spaced and the word "guess/correction" is amazing.

Battery life seems so so, I'm sure it will improve after I charge it a few times, still haven't charged it for more than 30mins yet.

I'd say the thing I'm most impressed with is the screen, ICS and the camera.

Liderc how fast was your update after your purchase? Did you have to wait 2 hrs or was it immediate?

alucard9114

Reaction score
Speaker phone is great volume is great call quality is ehhhh has a vibration sound on top volume can this be a defect or are we all hearing it.

bemenaker

Reaction score
Went down at lunch, to get one, only to find out there wasn't enough money in my account. DOH, (shoulda checked before I went). Get back to work, see a large purchase at Verizon from last night. Hmm, wifey must have done some Xmas shopping.....

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haven't heard the vibration sound, my call quality seems great talked for almost an hour and was really listening for problems.

Was this speaker phone or ear piece?

TSXXX

Reaction score
Anyone else getting low speaker volume when playing YouTube vids?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone else getting low speaker volume when playing YouTube vids?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

At first I thought so too, but after I tried a few other youtube videos the sound was very loud, even similar to my OG.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
for what it's worth, apparently there's no way to get to equalizer/sound effect settings in the Music app unless you're on the actual "now playing" screen.. spent 5 minutes trying to find the mysterious equalizer :)

JWellington

Reaction score
Great phone. Love everything except for one thing: flimsy battery cover. That thing is a huge pain to install. It makes me fringe everytime I have to do a battery swap.

Sent from my DROIDX

lanza_david

Reaction score
Any first impressions about the screen under sunlight?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

WyldRyce

Reaction score
LOVE the phone. I also enjoy how you can disable any app from your app drawer which is a big plus. Only pet peeve that I have so far is that the lockscreen doesn't take the whole screen estate.