What are Your First Impessions Of The Galaxy Nexus?

RaptorKC

Reaction score
Just picked it up, real nice so far!
But, MTP driver for Windows XP? I can't find one, and get the phone recognized on XP.
Also, no landscape in the launcher/home??

PurpleTwinkie

Reaction score
I can't wait till the effects of the cool aid wear off so we can get the straight dope.

Sent from a Phone

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Any first impressions about the screen under sunlight?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Yep, first thing I did when I left the store! I had the phone a little over 50% brightness and I could see it just fine.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
for what it's worth, apparently there's no way to get to equalizer/sound effect settings in the Music app unless you're on the actual "now playing" screen.. spent 5 minutes trying to find the mysterious equalizer :)
not even with headphones?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^ The cool aid did actually cause some pretty high expectations for me. I have the Bionic and love it so when I got this phone I was a little disappointed that it wasn't any faster. Some of it has to do with the fact that on the DB you can shut the animations off so everything feels more instant (wish I could do that on this phone). Now after playing with it for a couple of hours, it has grown on me big time. It is so nice and smooth and looks great all around. I was a pretty hard core Moto guy but this thing is very very well done!

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The point of this phone is that its pure.. there is no sense, no touchwiz, no blur, no locked boot (with effort)... its the D1 with todays technology. I think anyway.

We had our "bone thrown to us" with this phone. Its verizons way of telling us to stfu already abuot locked boots and whatnot. The kids got their playground, now they can move on for a couple more years.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anyone notice many apps missing from the market? Ex....imediashare... Samsung remote. Just a couple I noticed. I'm having to upload to dropbox then download to my phone

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

jessemhess

Reaction score
Went and looked at one this morning. It already had duck tape holding it together. The back would not stay on due to the security line. The build quality is really cheap. I just bought the Rezound earllyer this week, and I think I made the better choice. Yea, no ICS, but it's coming to it. And the guys at that other forum are close to getting it rooted.. The Rezound is much higher quality!

jcardona1

Reaction score
The point of this phone is that its pure.. there is no sense, no touchwiz, no blur, no locked boot (with effort)... its the D1 with todays technology. I think anyway.

We had our "bone thrown to us" with this phone. Its verizons way of telling us to stfu already abuot locked boots and whatnot. The kids got their playground, now they can move on for a couple more years.

Well said. With a Nexus, it's not about having the coolest specs or the flashiest build design to show off. It's an Android enthusiast phone, plain and simple. I don't think I can go back to a locked down phone with slimy greasy UI skins. As long as Verizon gives us a Nexus phone every 2 years, they'll keep my business :)

TheCleaner

Reaction score
My #1 opinion of the phone...

Compared to my OG Droid ... it just works.

Screen swipes work, answering calls works, etc. no more hoping the FC's cause the phone to reboot...no more crazy lag (yeah there's still a little from time to time)...oh and 4G is amazing.

So...bottom line...if you waited to trade in your OG droid you'll be very impressed. If you are coming from a Bionic, etc. to it...probably not so much...other than ICS functionality.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^Jcar, I'm really dig'n the camera! Getting some nice looking shots after working with it for a bit! You like'n the cam so far?

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Went and looked at one this morning. It already had duck tape holding it together. The back would not stay on due to the security line. The build quality is really cheap. I just bought the Rezound earllyer this week, and I think I made the better choice. Yea, no ICS, but it's coming to it. And the guys at that other forum are close to getting it rooted.. The Rezound is much higher quality!

Glad you love your Rezound. It's a great phone, as is the Nexus and many other new phones. To each his own.

jcardona1

Reaction score
^Jcar, I'm really dig'n the camera! Getting some nice looking shots after working with it for a bit! You like'n the cam so far?

Yeah the camera is pretty good. Nothing I'm blown away by, but good enough. I like the camera on the Rezound better. I find that you need to be very stead in order to get a sharp picture, maybe because of the instant shutter. You noticed that?