What are my options to make my stock X look better?

csk415

Reaction score
I am not ready to jump into custom roms/themes. I just dont know enough about it to feel comfortable doing it. So, until I get to that point what are my options to make my X look a little better than stock?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can add a custom launcher, there are all kinds of live wallpaper to pick from. You can try some different widgets. There is an app called backgrounds that has thousands of different backgrounds in case you get bored. There are thousands of apps out there, go to AppBrain and have a look around.

OP
csk415

csk415

Reaction score
Download ADW ex or Launcher Pro Plus from the market

Do these have the option to pick different icons or does it use the stock ones, is there a scrollable dock available. I seen in a screenshot (android phone) where someone had a icon with 4 smaller icons within it. I think iphone 4 has this. Ill try to find it. Should have asked when i seen it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
csk415

csk415

Reaction score
@hookbil. I have scoured the market for apps. I allready found the wallpaper app. Thanks for sharing because it may have helped someone else who read this.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Launcher Pro and ADW are nice. I do not like live wallpapers, as they tend to use a ton of CPU resources and run the battery down. Wasting 40% CPU usage for a wallpaper seems silly to me.

debrad0307

Reaction score
@csk145 if you get Adw launcher you can install a theme from the market. Most of them DO change the icons. Adw is awesome because you can customize everything! I'm in the same boat as you. I've rooted my DX but I'm not ready to install a rom. The best way to find a look for you is to browse around the market. I used Google A LOT too. Happy hunting :)

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
Yes with both I believe you can use different icons or themes. I use LPP and I have three scrollable docks with several useful shortcuts in them

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

debrad0307

Reaction score
The only live wall paper I use is the grass one... makes my phone look nice. Anyone know where to get more wallpapers?

OP
csk415

csk415

Reaction score

OP
csk415

csk415

Reaction score
@dirtyfingers. Is the scrollable dock a option in adw or lpp? Or is that somethingi i have to add? Any idea where to find the iphone 4 like icon that i mentioned?

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
The greatest live wallpaper I know of is Solar Winds set on "undertow". Amazing on my X.

I'm a big fan of LauncherPro, it's one of the few apps that I had no question was worth a few bucks.

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
Like I said I use LPP and have three scrollable docks. I would think adw could also do that but I don't use it so I'm not 100% sure. If you decide to go with LPP also download the app launcher pro icons and docks and there are hundreds of choices for different icons and docks along with different colors for each. I think that would be your best option short of root, rom, and theming.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
csk415

csk415

Reaction score
Anybody use any designs from dreamlyfe? The site says to use lpp but wil adw work also? The dock designs are sick.