Droid 1 to Droid x?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by sjg15, Oct 16, 2010.

1. sjg15

sjg15 New Member

Whats up guys, im currently legible for an upgrade but im not to sure what I want to do. First off if anyone has had the droid 1 and than upgraded to the X, what do you think about it and was it a better upgrade. Also does anyone know if the internet is faster on the X than the droid 1? Because i have been researching and seen some phones that might be coming out around christmas but none of them look like there going to be better than the X. So if anyone has any input feel free, Thanks
  2. xliderider

xliderider New Member

If you are running the Droid 1 stock, then the X is a huge upgrade (pun intended). :D

If you are rooted, and overclocked, then it is still worth it, IMO though many here will tell you to wait for the new devices.

I never used the physical KB on the Droid 1, so for me, the X, with it's large 4.3" screen is just great. I actually underclock my X to 800mhz to make the battery go longer, and don't notice any speed trade off compared to my Droid 1 running at 800mhz because the X's OMAP CPU is more efficient.
  3. sjg15

sjg15 New Member

yeahh tru...im really just waiting for the 4G android phones but those arent expected till the summer they said..so i mite just buy the droid x now than when i see a good 4G android phone out buy that and sell the X
  4. alboboy10

alboboy10 New Member

How do u underclock? Lol is it cause you're rooted.

I prefer the dc in every way possible. I had the d1 before. Night and day difference.

P.s. the dx wont support 4g when it comes out?
  5. xliderider

xliderider New Member

Yeah, you have to root and use SetCPU.

No, the X won't be 4g capable, it doesn't have the hardware.
  6. Mrdanks

Mrdanks New Member

The fascinate is awesome IMO. I've had them all. X. Dinc. And the Droid 1. And I'm most pleased with the Samsung.

Sent from the Fascinate.
  7. Negatron

Negatron New Member

Honestly i think you should wait because you might be disappointed with the X how about using one of these themes with your Droid 1

Remember you cant do any of this with the Droid X the Droid 1 will always be the Rooted King of Droid ( you can but still its wont be any good themes available for a while )

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/78385-theme-pack-get-your-theme.html
  8. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

If you wait for a 4g phone, then you will also have a tiered data plan with a cap. Verizon is getting rid of the unlimited data plan when they switch to 4g.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.
  9. jeff0r3

jeff0r3 Member

I went from a Droid 1 to an X. This week! I really really really enjoyed my Droid 1. Might have been because of all the rooting and time I spent making it like I wanted it. I was so excited to get a Droid X.
    But after having it a week now. I am a little bored with it. I know eventually it will get truly rooted. But it just works perfectly. There's really nothing I wanna change. I hate that it has alot of bloatware. But its not like its going to cause me to run out of space. As far as the overclocking and stuff like that. Its damn snappy as it is. Much better than the Droid 1. Battery life is kinda bad on the X. I find myself searching for somewhere to plug it in. Guess thats what happens when you carry around a Mini flat screen.
    I personally really like the Fascinate. If I had my choice, that is probably the route I would go if I had the option. If it seems like I'm complaining, I'm not. Its a great device!

Jeff0r3
  10. ronjr123

ronjr123 New Member

I too have just upgraded to the X. What I like best about it is the fact I do not have to root, ROM switching and stuff to get it to run half decent.
    I have rooted the X and stopped alot of the bloatware and then themed. This thing is a stud!!

The only way 4G would be worth the wait is if you live in the part of the country where they first roll it out. As someone else said, the data plans are probably going to change. They have to pay for 4G somehow.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  11. Dusty

Dusty Premium Member Premium Member

I just received a DX in exchange for my broken D1.

So far I haven't rooted, but I like it! I'm one of the few who didn't want an upgrade for my broken D1. We'll see how I feel about this.

More details later... Daddy's got work to do on this thing.
  12. xeene

xeene Well-Known Member

you don't have to do that. x throttles cpu by itself running between 300 and 1000 mhz.
  13. Mamaperk

Mamaperk New Member

Got a DX as a replacement for my D1 on 8/31 and I love it!
    Love the larger screen.
    Can't imagine using a smaller screen now!
    It seems faster than my overclocked D1.
    I am very pleased and am satisfied with this until my upgrade in june.

Sent from my DROIDX
  14. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

I have an upgrade but I am waiting still might get the X though we will see. I also have an evo on sprint only because my phone bill under my parents family plan was over $150 for the last few months. Was using the evo all day on tapatalk and honestly I like the bigger screen. Its one of my favorite features, its hard typing on the droid right now. Haven't droped back to my basic phone to stop paying for the data yet. Oops. Mine as well use it while I am paying for it. :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  15. BlackTTC6

BlackTTC6 New Member

IMO an Overclocked D1 is almost as good as the X
  16. alboboy10

alboboy10 New Member

Graphics look cheap on d1 cause the resolution is terrible in comparison.
  17. ronjr123

ronjr123 New Member

Again, I tend to disagree. The X is alot smoother than my D1 ever thought of being. My D1 was rooted, custom ROM and overclocked but could never get rid of that pesky lagging.

Along with larger screen that makes typing sooo much better. And the camera is hands down better than the D1.

Realistically other than being made by the same company, these two phone have nothing really in common. The X is superior in every way.
    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  18. xliderider

xliderider New Member

Actually, the D1 resolution is better than the X. They both have the same pixel resolution, but the D1 packs all those pixels in on a smaller screen = higher resolution.
  19. nmsystms

nmsystms New Member

Haha that's exactly how I feel. After installing LauncherPro, the phone is so speedy just the way it is. I've rooted, removed bloatware, removed ads and my phone runs perfectly!

I have been debating installing a ROM or not. I have heard good things about Rubix. I have also thought about overclocking but dont really see a point since my phone is already sooo smooth!

I originally had a rooted / overclocked droid 1 and my new Droix X was noticeably faster out of the box. After rooting, now its just amazing :)
  20. brianes99

brianes99 New Member

have both

I started with the droid 1, I use it now primarily as a work phone, purchased an X about a month ago and it is a HUGE improvement. Most of the stock apps have a few extra tweaks for the X (nothing major, just noticeable).

The extra half inch on the screen is a very noticeable improvement. I have a lot of mp4 vids, so its cool to be able to play them on the tv set, also.
    The ability to download alot more apps is nice.

The only downside is getting used to the different positions for the 4 standard buttons (originally on screen, now physical buttons). Other ergonomic issues, for me, is moving the power button to the center of the phone, rather than the right side...before was convenient for my thumb when bringing the phone in and out of sleep, now its a bit of a stretch.