What are my options to make my stock X look better?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Anybody use any designs from dreamlyfe? The site says to use lpp but wil adw work also? The dock designs are sick.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I use Launcher Pro in conjunction with DreamLyfe.Sharp...and it does make my phone stand out along with the icon pack that is included with DreamLyfe.Sharp...see the attached screenshot below. Bear in mind, I am also running Liberty ROM...but the only real way to know that is the wallpaper and battery icon...

Main Home Screen...notice the 5 icons on the Launcher Dock...
76713550953461786929.png

Main App Screen...notice the 5 icons on the Launcher Dock here...not the same as the first screen..
96551820179999045978.png

All of this is done with Launcher Pro Plus + DreamLyfe.Sharpe..and the dock has another 5 shortcuts than can be added...

OP
csk415

csk415

Reaction score
Nice screen shots. Is lpp the launcher of choice or is it split with adw. Need to look at youtube when i get home and see if i can find some vids of them both. Does the liberty rom not have its own custom launcher?

OP
csk415

csk415

Reaction score
This isnt the original screen shot I seen with the Icons I was trying to discribe. Found it in the MIUI section. These dont look exactly like what I seen the first time but this gives you an idea of what I seen.
62d7436f-73c2-123f.jpg

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
Liberty comes stock with launcher 2, but from what I gather most people use lpp or adw. They are all good launchers it just comes down to personal preference.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

piquat

Reaction score
@dirtyfingers. Is the scrollable dock a option in adw or lpp? Or is that somethingi i have to add? Any idea where to find the iphone 4 like icon that i mentioned?

ADW's dock isn't scrollable per se, but it does have two separate docks. I quick swipe up will switch between the two.

Getsome122

Reaction score
I don't use the second dock on ADW but I thought it was supposed to be scrollable indefinitely. Add all you want to it.

piquat

Reaction score
I don't use the second dock on ADW but I thought it was supposed to be scrollable indefinitely. Add all you want to it.

Hmmph, you made me look. :) I use the second dock. It's not scrolling for me. Just switches between the two when I swipe up.

Maybe it does and I'm missing something?

Getsome122

Reaction score
The app description says add all you want to it and it scrolls. Maybe if you add more to it. And its only the hidden dock not the main one.

piquat

Reaction score
Hmmm, maybe it's a setting I have to change. Believe me, at this point, it doesn't scroll. Right, left, up, down.... no scrolling.

I'll play around a bit and see what I come up with.

Edit: Looked through settings, not in there. I have the paid version also so it's not a nerfed feature. I remember reading that about one of the other launchers and seem to remember not having that and instead having what I have now would be fine with me. Are you sure that that's not the specs for launcher pro or another launcher?

Edit edit: Straight from the appbrain description: "-Customizable hidden dockbar easy to trigger with support for unlimited icons with scroll. Just swipe up your finger over the main dock to reveal the hidden one, swipe down to return to the main one!"

So ya, it should scroll, and it's me! LOL No surprise there!

Edit edit edit: LOL Ya, you were right, add another icon and it drops right in there. /sigh I'm getting old.

Sorry for hijacking OP!

Last edited:
OP
csk415

csk415

Reaction score
Good info. Not a hijack at all. Might have been my questions later on.

OP
csk415

csk415

Reaction score
Is there any tips or tricks to make a replacement launcher run smoothly? Do I need to do something with my stock launcher before I run a replacement? I have read where people complain about batt drain and lag.

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
I have not experienced any battery drain or lag with LPP. If anything it is even snappier than before. Just customize it with the settings you like and it should be fine. With your stock launcher you should delete all widgets so their not running in the background. Good luck

OP
csk415

csk415

Reaction score
I am going to test 3 of them. Go launcher,LPP and ADW. Installed go launcher this morning. This GL has the 4 in 1 file icon i was looking for and a scrollable dock. Its not bad but needs some more themes. Wish it had options to change the way it moves from screen to screen. So far i have found no options to change it. Im stuck with scroll. Probably.wont stick with GL very much longer.

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
Sorry I forgot to tell you but you might also need to download the app "home switcher" if you want to go back and forth from different launchers.