Droid 1 to Droid x?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by sjg15, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Mamaperk

Mamaperk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got a DX as a replacement for my D1 on 8/31 and I love it!
    Love the larger screen.
    Can't imagine using a smaller screen now!
    It seems faster than my overclocked D1.
    I am very pleased and am satisfied with this until my upgrade in june.

Sent from my DROIDX

2. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +63
    I have an upgrade but I am waiting still might get the X though we will see. I also have an evo on sprint only because my phone bill under my parents family plan was over $150 for the last few months. Was using the evo all day on tapatalk and honestly I like the bigger screen. Its one of my favorite features, its hard typing on the droid right now. Haven't droped back to my basic phone to stop paying for the data yet. Oops. Mine as well use it while I am paying for it. :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. BlackTTC6

BlackTTC6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    IMO an Overclocked D1 is almost as good as the X

4. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Graphics look cheap on d1 cause the resolution is terrible in comparison.

5. ronjr123

ronjr123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Again, I tend to disagree. The X is alot smoother than my D1 ever thought of being. My D1 was rooted, custom ROM and overclocked but could never get rid of that pesky lagging.

Along with larger screen that makes typing sooo much better. And the camera is hands down better than the D1.

Realistically other than being made by the same company, these two phone have nothing really in common. The X is superior in every way.
    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

6. xliderider

xliderider Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Actually, the D1 resolution is better than the X. They both have the same pixel resolution, but the D1 packs all those pixels in on a smaller screen = higher resolution.

7. nmsystms

nmsystms New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha that's exactly how I feel. After installing LauncherPro, the phone is so speedy just the way it is. I've rooted, removed bloatware, removed ads and my phone runs perfectly!

I have been debating installing a ROM or not. I have heard good things about Rubix. I have also thought about overclocking but dont really see a point since my phone is already sooo smooth!

I originally had a rooted / overclocked droid 1 and my new Droix X was noticeably faster out of the box. After rooting, now its just amazing :)

8. brianes99

brianes99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    have both

I started with the droid 1, I use it now primarily as a work phone, purchased an X about a month ago and it is a HUGE improvement. Most of the stock apps have a few extra tweaks for the X (nothing major, just noticeable).

The extra half inch on the screen is a very noticeable improvement. I have a lot of mp4 vids, so its cool to be able to play them on the tv set, also.
    The ability to download alot more apps is nice.

The only downside is getting used to the different positions for the 4 standard buttons (originally on screen, now physical buttons). Other ergonomic issues, for me, is moving the power button to the center of the phone, rather than the right side...before was convenient for my thumb when bringing the phone in and out of sleep, now its a bit of a stretch.