1 Year Contract

lcl1127

Reaction score
I'm up for an upgrade but I don't want to sign a contract for 2 whole years. Does anyone know what the droid x will cost with a 1 year contract. Or an estimate? I know my droid was 229

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Droid X will be 199 $ , right now the Incredible is 199$ and 269$ for 1 year . So probably X will be 70$ more expensive for 1 year . At the pace the phones are evolving it's worth every penny

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Now that I've made the definite decision to go Verizon, this is now my next consideration. If it's only an add'l $70 then I think a 1-year contract makes a LOT of sense.

How definite is this possibility/price? Have any official sources said this will be the case? Also, will my Best Buy pre-order allow me to do this?

jdk2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1103
The Droid X is selling for $199 on a two-year contract. If VZW follows their usual pattern, it will be $269 on a one year contract. That said, until they post pricing details on their site, nobody knows for sure.

Best Buy in the Philadelphia region doesn't offer one year contracts. Other areas may. Call one and they can answer your questions directly.

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Does VZW ever refuse to offer 1-year contracts on new/hot phones for a period of time or is it usually available from day 1? I'd HATE for them to say, "Oh, you have to wait 3 months before this phone is available on a 1-year contract."

jdk2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1103
I've never been turned down on launch day for a contract. But I was refused when I attempted to buy the Incredible at retail pricing on the day it launched. I was in a group that was supposedly able to get the phone early. But they kept changing the rules of engagement the week prior to the launch. Don't be surprised if/when they change the gameplan.

Crimsongost

Reaction score
I spoke to my VZW store yesterday and they said they would be $269 for a one year. and 2 have 2 months until my current contract is up and she said there would be no problems. However she did state they would have limited phones on release day, "so get here early". hope this helps.

Mitchell

PorcPuffer

Reaction score
Man i am torn now, i was really hoping best buy would offer the 1 year contract but just called mine and they wont. So now its the debate between going to verizon to get the 1 year price and hopefully best buy will have some accessories i could use my 50 deposit on, or just sucking it up and getting a 2 year contract. any advise?

Crimsongost

Reaction score
I have one reserved at Best Buy 3rd in line. On Thursday 7/15 I am going to go to VZ and try to get one there with a 1 year. If i do .. having a $50 Best Buy gift card is not a bad thing. If I don't I will get my phone at Best Buy with a 2 year. That is my plan, not doing this DI crap.

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
I have one reserved at Best Buy 3rd in line. On Thursday 7/15 I am going to go to VZ and try to get one there with a 1 year. If i do .. having a $50 Best Buy gift card is not a bad thing. If I don't I will get my phone at Best Buy with a 2 year. That is my plan, not doing this DI crap.

This is kinda my thought as well. Got mine reserved at Best Buy but am gonna do my damnedest to get a 1-year at VZW instead.

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Just a thought...

Is there any chance that the 1-year price is actually going to be $369.99 since technically, the 2-year price is $299.99 before rebate? It wouldn't surprise me if that's what they claimed and that the rebate said it was only good for 2-year contracts only. Anybody know anything about this?

Crimsongost

Reaction score
the price she gave me was 269 after the rebate. no other issues dealing with a one year contract only $70 increase in price. there were no other changes. Her words not mine.