Advice on Droid X

ColdSteele

Reaction score
So I ordered my X and am starting to ha e second thoughts. Not due to any issues I've seen other experience or anything, its because I recently rooted my droid 1 and its lime I got a new phone... all the custom roms and themes. I don't see anything close to this much. Customizability for the X... worried im gonna feel locked in (IPHONE) and don't wanna lose these options. So do you all think the X is better enough to offsett what im losing, at least until the X has more options?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So I ordered my X and am starting to ha e second thoughts. Not due to any issues I've seen other experience or anything, its because I recently rooted my droid 1 and its lime I got a new phone... all the custom roms and themes. I don't see anything close to this much. Customizability for the X... worried im gonna feel locked in (IPHONE) and don't wanna lose these options. So do you all think the X is better enough to offsett what im losing, at least until the X has more options?

X!! The Devs have made ALOT of progress in a very short period of time! In just over a month, DXs have been rooted, overclocked, and themed! Imagine where they'll be with it in a few more months! These guys are extremely intelligent and apparently love challenges!! Motorola is trying to prevent all hacking but, they find ways around it!

OP
C

ColdSteele

Reaction score

X!! The Devs have made ALOT of progress in a very short period of time! In just over a month, DXs have been rooted, overclocked, and themed! Imagine where they'll be with it in a few more months! These guys are extremely intelligent and apparently love challenges!! Motorola is trying to prevent all hacking but, they find ways around it!

Good deal... since VZN is saying they cant ship untill 8-31-10- who knows where they'll be

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Good deal... since VZN is saying they cant ship untill 8-31-10- who knows where they'll be

Yeah!! We (Verizon) sold out of them in NO time!! Its a hell of a phone!!

Wnclivin

Reaction score
Not to mention the X now has rooted Froyo, and gman is very close to releasing an app to give complete control over hdmi!

Lurpa

Reaction score
Not to mention the X now has rooted Froyo, and gman is very close to releasing an app to give complete control over hdmi!

That would be sweet, pretty lame how we cant use hdmi except for homemade videos. That was one of the biggest selling points for me. Of course was LIED TOO!!!! Where can I find some info on what he is doing and how he is progressing at this app you speak of?

Nevermind I FOUND IT

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/d...sion/4259-droid-x-does-hdmi-yep-i-am-man.html

kpiskin

Reaction score
I upgraded from the D1 as well and have never looked back. I am a little disappointed that VZW and Motorola advertised that Froyo was coming on this phone and then sandbagged us all with D2 shipping with it out of the box. With that said, I'm running Froyo on my DX and pretty happy. Quadrant scores of 1400ish and not overclocked. Not twice as fast as DX with 2.1, but faster nonetheless. I'm thinking the final Froyo build will be a little more optimized.

One of the major features of the D1 was the physical keyboard, and that made me worried I wasn't going to like the DX. However the physical size of the screen eliminates that worry. Plus I can actually speak my texts or searches, or use swype or swiftkey. Pretty much obsoletes the physical key for this type of device.

Camera is much better, processor is faster and more responsive, battery life is just about as good as the D1 (have an extended battery enroute), and the screen is just beautiful. I say don't worry and just take the plunge. If you haven't seen it in the store, just take some time to do so and play with it to make you final decision.