What a terrific resource for Droid owners...

KrazyTrain

Reaction score
I stumbled upon this site while trying to fix my "bricked" droid (which remains as such :icon_frown:) and it's just great. Of course, if I do not get my Droid up and running again soon, it may all be for naught...lol.

I guess that's what you get when trying to overclock and root a Droid with NO experience whatsoever...lesson learned. I have a feeling Verizon will not take it back so not sure what to do now. I have tried EVERYTHING I have read on here and abroad to find a remedy for this problem but to no avail. Of course, I'm not even sure if I am using these remedies correctly because, as I said, I am PAINFULLY inexperienced in the cell phone realm.

Anyway, I'll keep plugging along to try and find a remedy that gets him back on track. In the meantime, I just wanted to introduce myself and say that without places like this, guys like me would not even have a sporting chance of fixing his Droid. I look forward to enjoying what else this site has to offer once I get this thing back in the groove again.

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
Yep - I agree with everything everyone here has said. The Droid 1 is reputed as being unbrickable. While I don't think that is absolutely 100% true (just when you thought something was idiot proof, they made better idiots) it is pretty damn robust. If you can get the phone to recognize in RSDlite, you should be able to flash it to an OEM state and just start over.

Use the "unroot/unbrick" link above and you should be all set.

Just a quick note to add (in case it's not mentioned elsewhere). If RSDlite doesn't "see" your phone (happened to me yesterday and made my stomach feel yucky for a few minutes as I kept telling myself "the Droid 1 is unbrickable"), in RSDlite click on Config, DeviceId Options, and change it to the opposite of whatever it is. Usually it defaults to "Automatic DeviceId Mode" and you'd be changing it to "First-Come-First-Serve DeviceId Mode". If it tells you to restart RSDlite, just close RSDlite and start it again. Works like a charm.

OP
K

KrazyTrain

Reaction score
The biggest problem I have now is I can't even get it to charge at all. If I plug it in, the "M" screen comes on all night long and it does not charge at all. When I have power, I can get to the "X" recovery screen but without any power in the battery to speak of, it's hard to even give any of these remedies a try...

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
The biggest problem I have now is I can't even get it to charge at all. If I plug it in, the "M" screen comes on all night long and it does not charge at all. When I have power, I can get to the "X" recovery screen but without any power in the battery to speak of, it's hard to even give any of these remedies a try...
You either need a friend with a Droid who can charge it for you, or a P323.

OP
K

KrazyTrain

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I have a Verizon store right near my house and was thinking about going to pay them a visit to see if they sell one of those battery chargers.