Wet Touch Screen?

reinhurdler

Reaction score
I was at a track meet today and my Droid 2 Global was in my bag. It was off, but got pretty wet. It may have been wet for about 2 hours. I tried to turn it on, but it wouldn't work. I pulled out the battery and the water indicator was all red. The phone water indicator was fine. I dried it off a little for about 15 minutes and tried to turn it back on. It worked and then shut down. About 45 minutes after that, I took it apart and put it in rice. Left it in the rice for an hour and could not resist turning it on. It turned on like regular, but the I couldn't unlock the touch screen, so I pulled the battery and put both back in the rice.

I just found out that turning it on before it drys can "fry" it. Everything looked the same except there was a little dicoloration on the screen and it would not respond to touches.

Do I have any chance at all or is my phone toast? I have insurance for it.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well if youhave insurance you may have to use it. leave it in the rice (or better yet desiccant) for like 24 hours just to make sure all moisture gets absorbed then power it back on to see if anything is back to working order. if it's still busted after thoroughly drying then you'll have to do an insurance replacement.

OP
R

reinhurdler

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm going to fight the urge not to try to turn it on again and leave it in the rice until tomorrow. Do you know how much it will cost me?