Phone wet... What to do?

gthotie5

Reaction score
Ok ok ok...time out....insurance fraud is COMPLETELY a technical foul in these here forums...BUUUT...data fraud I.e. wireless tethering via rooting isn't.....care to elaborate on which moral values can be bent on here and which ones can't?...because to me..that is beyond a double standard...

Exactly!

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
uh.....there is a difference between legal and illegal....even though they have similar letters that have totally different meanings.....

Tethering is NOT illegal
Insurance fraud IS illegal

Do you see a difference here? I will help and mark the difference in bold for you on this run

Tethering is NOT illegal (frowned upon yes....illegal no)
Insurance fraud IS illegal (frowned upon yes...illegal yes)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Ok ok ok...time out....insurance fraud is COMPLETELY a technical foul in these here forums.

Correct, And it can cause this thread to be closed....

Meg@bbym

Reaction score
The rice trick is usually just temporary...we tell people about the rice trick so the phone will power on enough to get contacts and personal information out and into the new phone...for the future, get best buys protection...it covers water damage

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Ok to clear it up... tethering is not against the law... but it might be against your carriers terms of service.

The worse thing that would happen to you if your caught tethering is your service is terminated. That's it. The cops don't come knocking on your door.

Can we please get this topic back on track for the OP's sake? I mean we are doing him a major disservice by turning this topic into a debate on legalities. Kudos to you all trying to keep it on track tho.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Let's get back On-Topic....

satoru

Reaction score
Why were my posts deleted? Or am I just not seeing them...?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Why were my posts deleted? Or am I just not seeing them...?

If they were off topic then they were deleted....Thread is on a Wet Device not on Tethering.

satoru

Reaction score
Okay but only the one post was about it and I was answering the one persons question lol yet every post of mine is gone.. just a little confused... So that would mean that all these other posts should be deleted because none of them are on topic of the wet phone....