I think I killed my phone.

madmossy

Reaction score
I have a Droid X2. So...Friday night I dropped it in bathtub for a second. It didn't seem to get really wet and me not knowing what to do - I tried to turn it on (I turned it off first and just wiped off all the water I could see). It would sorta turn on but got really hot so I took battery out and left it in rice. I left it in rice for over 24 hours and tried it again. It will turn on - but the screen is black - I can barely see the screen when it is tilted a certain way. I took battery out and put it back in the rice.

Is this black screen thing something that maybe will resolve itself after being in rice? or am I screwed.

I don't really know what to do cause I got the phone in Dec. and am not eligible for upgrade until Aug 2013. I looked at prices of new ones and am sick over it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Call vzw.. they may offer you an early upgrade.. but they'll force you off of unlimited data if you pay a subsidized price. .

Also.. keep it in the rice for w hike longer, see if you get lucky and it cones to life.. :) good luck

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

audinutt

Reaction score
You have insurance? If so call assurion

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Or look for another phone on eBay or Craigslist list.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!