HELLPPP!!! Water damage!!!

realxsweetiexxox

Reaction score
Okay so about 5 days ago i had my Motorola Droid in the bathroom and accidentally pushed it into the sink. I grabbed my phone out of the water as quickly as possible and the screen flashed for a second then went totally black. I removed the battery and sd card. I then blow dried it on the cold setting and tried to turn it on (which i know was stupid). It didnt turn on and i decided to let it sit in rice. it has been sitting in rice for about 5 day and on the 3rd day i tried to turn it on and the phone itself turned on but the screen was black. So i left it in the rice for a couple more days and i tried to turn it on today but nothing. I plugged the charger into it and the charging indicator light recognizes that it is plugged in but it wont turn on.

I have dropped my phone in the toilet before and put it in rice for a few day and it eventually worked so i was hoping it would work this time also. But so far nothing.

I got the phone on christmas so it has been way past 30 days and i dont have insurance.

Any info you could give me from more techiques to replacment ideas to repair is fgreatly appreciated.

All 3 water damage indicators are red but they have been since i dropped my phone in the toilet in march.

Thank you sooo much! and please help!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay so about 5 days ago i had my Motorola Droid in the bathroom and accidentally pushed it into the sink. I grabbed my phone out of the water as quickly as possible and the screen flashed for a second then went totally black. I removed the battery and sd card. I then blow dried it on the cold setting and tried to turn it on (which i know was stupid). It didnt turn on and i decided to let it sit in rice. it has been sitting in rice for about 5 day and on the 3rd day i tried to turn it on and the phone itself turned on but the screen was black. So i left it in the rice for a couple more days and i tried to turn it on today but nothing. I plugged the charger into it and the charging indicator light recognizes that it is plugged in but it wont turn on.

I have dropped my phone in the toilet before and put it in rice for a few day and it eventually worked so i was hoping it would work this time also. But so far nothing.

I got the phone on christmas so it has been way past 30 days and i dont have insurance.

Any info you could give me from more techiques to replacment ideas to repair is fgreatly appreciated.

All 3 water damage indicators are red but they have been since i dropped my phone in the toilet in march.

Thank you sooo much! and please help!!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/8539-how-deal-droid-thats-gotten-wet-right-way.html

That's what you should of done, read it and that way you will know if it happens again.

Sorry, but it looks like you're going to have to purchase another phone.

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Back from the dead

I decided to go swimming Friday night, so me, my dog and my Moto Droid jumped in together. After about 5 minutes I felt something in my pocket. YIKES!!! It was my phone.

When I got out and pulled it out of my pocket the camera flash light was on. I removed the battery and SD card and placed it in front of a small fan for 2 days.

Last night it fired back up. I reactivated it today and everything is working perfectly except for the camera and a slight streak on my screen, but that's only visible at an angle.

At least it will get me by until I explore my options on Craigslist:

I need a Motorola Droid asap

Good luck, realxsweetiexxox.