1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Pro - got wet & still isn't working!

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by NikkiK85, Mar 14, 2011.

1. NikkiK85

NikkiK85 New Member

If only I had found this forum first! I've read through quite a few of the other threads about wet phones but now I'm posting my own story and seeking advice!!

~ Saturday around 8pm - phone fell in the sink with very little water (it was running water and a bit in the bottom but no soap or anything). I got it out quick and dried it off but it was working fine so I never turned it off (eek!). I did dry off the outside really good but that's it (eek!)

~ Saturday around 9pm - Camera light came on and wouldn't turn off so at this point I shut off the phone. Took the battery out, dried it off better, and than I turned it back on (eek!) After that it was working fine all night. I could see a little water under the screen at this point but didn't think much of it because I figured if it was working it must be fine.

~ Sunday around 9am - Phone shut off and wont turn back on. I tried charging but only for a minute because I could tell it wasn't doing anything. I took the battery, sim card, & memory card out at this point knowing they needed to be out long before.

~ Sunday around 10am - I put the battery and phone in a zippy full of rice.

~ Fastforward to today/Monday ....still not working, still not charging! Visible moisture has been gone for a while now (under the screen cleared up really quickly from the rice) but the phone still wont work.

Am I just going to have to fork up the money to buy a new phone or should I wait it out?? I've only had the phone for about 2 months so I'm beyond bummed!!!!
  2. NikkiK85

NikkiK85 New Member

BTW I forgot to add that I also took a cotton swab with alcohol on it and gently wiped the phone down. I know some say rice doesn't work but I figured it can't hurt so I'm trying it anyway.

Also when I did try to charge it the phone went to the Motorola screen but not the battery charging screen.

I'm going crazy without my phone but I still don't want to replace it and than find out that if I had waited longer my phone would have worked fine. So what do you think? Did I mess it up for good by turning it on & off and for waiting so long to remove the battery?
  3. joshoid

joshoid New Member

I would plan on buying a new phone. If your accident proned look into insurance. Cheaper than new phone!

Swyped from my Elite Droid!
  4. NikkiK85

NikkiK85 New Member

Hey,
    Thanks I guess if it's not working by morning than I will have to go in to get a new one. Yeah I'm not usually accident prone but I will def carry insurance from now on I guess!!!
  5. indiantechie

indiantechie New Member

phone fell in the sink with very little water (it was running water and a bit in the bottom but no soap or anything). I got it out quick and dried it off but it was working fine so I never turned it off (eek!). I did dry off the outside really good but that's it (eek!)
  6. joshoid

joshoid New Member

Good luck Nikki!

Swyped from my Elite Droid!
  7. NikkiK85

NikkiK85 New Member

GREAT NEWS! It was just the battery!! I got a new one and the phone works perfectly now! :)
Search tags for this page

droid razr m got wet and isnt working

droid razr wet mic not working

droid x got wet and now mic wont work

droid x got wet#gsc.tab

go pro got wet and still don't work

motorrolaelitegotwet

phone got wet and mic isn't working