Went to the verizon store this morning ....

kenbarnum

Reaction score
So you bought yours online? Overnight?

Yea i purchased online. Kept the $100 they were gonna take to "rebate" me, and went back to sleep. My X will be here tomorrow before noon.

those rebate cards suck. Your prepaying 100 bucks so they can give it back to you in a card form. I would like to see how much in revenue Verizon collects from people not using their card, or not taking the rebate... Im sure its millions.

My wife got a $50 card and I got the $100 for the droid. She was pregnant and losing things left and right! I got mine taken care of right away but we lost out on her $50.
I'm sure that is exactly why they do it!

bamfsig45

Reaction score
So you bought yours online? Overnight?

Yea i purchased online. Kept the $100 they were gonna take to "rebate" me, and went back to sleep. My X will be here tomorrow before noon.

those rebate cards suck. Your prepaying 100 bucks so they can give it back to you in a card form. I would like to see how much in revenue Verizon collects from people not using their card, or not taking the rebate... Im sure its millions.

What Ive always done in the past and did again this morning is I have them add 100.00 to my account. Pay them 200.00 and mail off the rebate that same day. Get the card in a couple weeks and head into the VZW store and pay off the 100 they added to my account.

dolpns13

Reaction score

*Face palm*

thats a rebate from the manufacturer, not us.

*face Palm* back atcha.. what do I care who its from.. Its coming out of my pocket and I am giving it to Verizon.. What Verizon does with it after the transaction I could care less about.

And this doesnt change the fact that the rebate cards (whom are sent and administered by Verizon *face palm two*), still suck

Signum

Reaction score

*Face palm*

*face Palm* back atcha.. what do I care who its from.. Its coming out of my pocket and I am giving it to Verizon.. What Verizon does with it after the transaction I could care less about.

And this doesnt change the fact that the rebate cards (whom are sent and administered by Verizon *face palm two*), still suck

they suck because you cant send a piece of paper in an envelope and not lose the card after?

dolpns13

Reaction score
*Face palm*

they suck because you cant send a piece of paper in an envelope and not lose the card after?

No, they suck because they do not work at some stores we go to on a daily basis. They dont work at ANY self checkout lines including Home Depot, Grocery stores, Etc... They dont work at gas stations in Jersey, and in order to transfer amounts to the bank, you are not allowed to use the card once. The days of checks, and cash in hand were much easier than dealing with the BS with these cards. I have 1.60 remaining on ym card, some stores do not allow the usage of the rebate cards to pay half of a balance, so now I cannot use the 1.60 remaining...

Also, where did I ever say I lost a card?

Last edited:

kenbarnum

Reaction score

No, they suck because they do not work at some stores we go to on a daily basis. They dont work at ANY self checkout lines including Home Depot, Grocery stores, Etc... They dont work at gas stations in Jersey, and in order to transfer amounts to the bank, you are not allowed to use the card once. The days of checks, and cash in hand were much easier than dealing with the BS with these cards. I have 1.60 remaining on ym card, some stores do not allow the usage of the rebate cards to pay half of a balance, so now I cannot use the 1.60 remaining...

I think they suck simply because they are not a reward. They are a hassle that VZW (or any company who uses them) hopes you will mess up or forget...then they get to keep it. Lets say 10% mess it up...thats a lot of money they keep!

A reward would be charging the appropriate amount.

dolpns13

Reaction score

My wife got a $50 card and I got the $100 for the droid. She was pregnant and losing things left and right! I got mine taken care of right away but we lost out on her $50.

Why did you lose out? she lost her's? Call Verizon and report it lost and have them reissue a new one.

TheOldFart

Reaction score

I had no trouble using mine last December at Target, WalMart and the local grocery store, including using the final remaining balance and paying the remainder with cash. Yes, the check was better and just charging me the $100 less would be much better still, but I had absolutely no problem using all of the $100.

dolpns13

Reaction score

I had no trouble using mine last December at Target, WalMart and the local grocery store, including using the final remaining balance and paying the remainder with cash. Yes, the check was better and just charging me the $100 less would be much better still, but I had absolutely no problem using all of the $100.

Youre card must have ben plated with gold..lol.. I used my card on 4 purchases, a good guestimate of the total purchases I tried to make with it would be around 10-12.

TheOldFart

Reaction score

Youre card must have ben plated with gold..lol.. I used my card on 4 purchases, a good guestimate of the total purchases I tried to make with it would be around 10-12.

I just logged in and checked. I made 3 purchases. It wasn't the local grocery as I had thought. I used the last amount at Victoria's Secret for some things for my wife and paid what it didn't cover in cash. Actually, the things I bought for her were really for me. :) None failed. The thing that I don't like the most about rebates is that I have to pay sales tax on the entire amount, including that which I will get back in a rebate.

kenbarnum

Reaction score

Why did you lose out? she lost her's? Call Verizon and report it lost and have them reissue a new one.

Nah...she didn't even get to to point of applying for it because she lost the receipt and maybe even the box (cant remember all of it now...it was back in nov)

jtdiddy

Reaction score
didn't want to deal with the mail in rebate stuff so i just ordered online and got the instant rebate and free overnight shipping. With my NE2, got the X for a sweet $99!

Can't wait until tomorrow..great way to start the weekend

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I went to my local store this morning and they had enough but refused to honor the "early upgrade" promotion. I told her there was a note on my account saying I was eligible and she said "nope, we don't do that" so I walked outside, called *611 and ordered one. I'll get it tomorrow and I skip the rebate card. I'll be taking my X into the same store tomorrow to get a case and show her that I was right. lol

dolpns13

Reaction score
Well I went to my local store this morning and they had enough but refused to honor the "early upgrade" promotion. I told her there was a note on my account saying I was eligible and she said "nope, we don't do that" so I walked outside, called *611 and ordered one. I'll get it tomorrow and I skip the rebate card. I'll be taking my X into the same store tomorrow to get a case and show her that I was right. lol

awesome... make sure her manager is right next to her when you rub it in her face that she was wrong. I cant stand how 90% of the Verizon reps think they are gods gift to everything..lol.. Most of them arent even educated and speak ebonics (here in Jersey anyway), they have just been working in the business forever.

I would have ordered my droid online but I asnt due for an upgrade. How I got the early upgrade was I wnet in and complained how much of a POS my dare was, so they gave me the early upgrade - of which I had to pay an additional 20.00 for..

kpiskin

Reaction score
I got the Droid last November and was still eligible for an X this AM. Paid $299 and got the MIR too.