Went to the verizon store this morning ....

ewells2420

Reaction score
And they were all already reserved :( However they are overnighting me one. So I will have it tomorrow. FYI its a lot bigger in person ..... its purty. It really is almost tablet like.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
And they were all already reserved :( However they are overnighting me one. So I will have it tomorrow. FYI its a lot bigger in person ..... its purty. It really is almost tablet like.

I was gonna go to the store to get it but my daughter woke me up coughing at 3AM EST.. just in time for the purchase website to go livedancedroid

OP
E

ewells2420

Reaction score

I was gonna go to the store to get it but my daughter woke me up coughing at 3AM EST.. just in time for the purchase website to go livedancedroid

So you bought yours online? Overnight?

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score

Yea i purchased online. Kept the $100 they were gonna take to "rebate" me, and went back to sleep. My X will be here tomorrow before noon.

dolpns13

Reaction score

Yea i purchased online. Kept the $100 they were gonna take to "rebate" me, and went back to sleep. My X will be here tomorrow before noon.

those rebate cards suck. Your prepaying 100 bucks so they can give it back to you in a card form. I would like to see how much in revenue Verizon collects from people not using their card, or not taking the rebate... Im sure its millions.

OP
E

ewells2420

Reaction score
yeah im kinda mad about the whole crappy rebate thing. But you better damn well believe im putting in to get it back.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
the rebate was actually quite painless.

I bought my phone on 12/21.. the height of XMas season and had the rebate back in 3 weeks.

just used the card to pay my VZW bill since I had billed my droid to my acct.
No biggie at all.

OP
E

ewells2420

Reaction score

I bought my phone on 12/21.. the height of XMas season and had the rebate back in 3 weeks.

No biggie at all.

I wish they just did that instead of doing a rebate card.

dolpns13

Reaction score

No biggie at all.

True, the process of getting the card is quite painless, however using the card is something different.. I cant count how many places my card would not work, home depot and gas stations being one of them, and in order to transfer the money to your account, you cant have used evena single penny from the rebate card. Not sure what verizon management was thinking with these cards although I would like to know. From a cost savings standpoint, producing and mailing paper checks is much less expensive than producing and mailing plastic.. only think I can think of is they have a contract with Visa.

Signum

Reaction score

those rebate cards suck. Your prepaying 100 bucks so they can give it back to you in a card form. I would like to see how much in revenue Verizon collects from people not using their card, or not taking the rebate... Im sure its millions.

*Face palm*

thats a rebate from the manufacturer, not us.

Signum

Reaction score

No biggie at all.

True, the process of getting the card is quite painless, however using the card is something different.. I cant count how many places my card would not work, home depot and gas stations being one of them, and in order to transfer the money to your account, you cant have used evena single penny from the rebate card. Not sure what verizon management was thinking with these cards although I would like to know. From a cost savings standpoint, producing and mailing paper checks is much less expensive than producing and mailing plastic.. only think I can think of is they have a contract with Visa.

people used to complain becuase the checks were made out to the account holder, not necessarily the individual who bought the phone

therefore the account holder had to deposit the check into his/her checking account and then withdraw that amount to give to the person who actually bought the phone.

swallman

Reaction score

*Face palm*

Are you sure about that ? I thought those rebates were directly from Verizon, not Motorola.

Signum

Reaction score

*Face palm*

Are you sure about that ? I thought those rebates were directly from Verizon, not Motorola.

why would we put a rebate on something thats not even ours?

edit: let me clarify my statement. we (vzw) handles the rebates as a middleman. it is a manufacturers rebate though. kinda like them saying "thank you" for buying their device. we handle it to prevent the customer from going through the manufacturer themself

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

*Face palm*

Last time I got a rebate credit card it was from Verizon, not the manufacturer.