Droid (Incredible?) Keyboard Question

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Shield, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Shield

Shield New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was at a Verizon store today and looking at a bunch of devices. I ordered a Samsung Continuum and really likes the swype keyboard.

However, on my way out of the store I saw a Droid Incredible on display and was messing around with it. When I went to test the keyboard, I noticed it had an interesting layout.

Some of the buttons had two characters together and others (I think the M) were just one button. You could also switch between ABC mode and XT9 mode. The bigger keys along with predictive text in XT9 made it really easy to use.

What I want to know is, what keyboard is this and is it specific to the Droid Incredible or will I have that option on the Continuum?

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: I guess you could say it is similar, but not exactly the same as Blackberry's Suretype setup

#1 Shield, Dec 19, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  2. dfgged

dfgged New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What you saw was the HTC IME keyboard. If you search around, you can get an apk that will install it on the continuum. That's the same keyboard I am currently using. :)

3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Go here Project Elite

There are three links for the HTC keyboard that you can click and download. Move to your SD card and tap and install.

Search tags for this page

droid incredible 2 spanish characters on keyboard

spanish keyboard droid incredible 2