Welcome to the Project Elite GNex section!

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No luck here either. I thought that when the 12/3 build came out it initially synced, buth then reverted to not syncing and had the "last synced" date of 12/4. Now, if I try to manually sync it it keeps that same 12/4 date. Other than that I have had absolutely no problems with any of it.

That being said, I think the two things I like least about 4.2 in general are the quick settings - I like the CM version more, the 4.2 version is clunky and takes up too much space. I also don't see the need for the lockscreen widgets and hate the two vertical lines that appear on the screen when you turn on the phone.

I was a bit leary of the quick settings at first as well. But now that I can change them, the size, the order and pull down goes straight to them when theres no notifications I'm happy with them. They do take some getting use to though. As for the lock screen verticle markings I don't like them either. I don't know about getting rid of them but perhaps I can speed them up so they disappear faster.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
New build up that fixes the sysui fc on a few of the toggles when they are enabled

jk8

Reaction score
Not sure how many know this, but even with a pending notification if you pull down with two fingers rather than one it will go directly to the quick settings.

I was a bit leary of the quick settings at first as well. But now that I can change them, the size, the order and pull down goes straight to them when theres no notifications I'm happy with them. They do take some getting use to though. As for the lock screen verticle markings I don't like them either. I don't know about getting rid of them but perhaps I can speed them up so they disappear faster.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just put a new kernel in the mr1>kernel> buck folder on the server. Increased some voltages a little.

Last edited:

ma5t3rw1tt

Reaction score
Running your build from 12-06-12 and its solid besides the calendar not syncing (sure your not working, just throwing that out there) and other than that I have not found anymore bugs. So far so good, can't wait until you add more of your customized goodies.

EDIT: Also why I am here, what is the best tethering app for 4.2? I have tried FoxFi (crashes) and I have tried WIFI Tether(says starts with errors and nothing shows), Barnicle Wifi. Anything else I am missing? I about to just purchases PDANET.

jpin321

Reaction score
EDIT: Also why I am here, what is the best tethering app for 4.2? I have tried FoxFi (crashes) and I have tried WIFI Tether(says starts with errors and nothing shows), Barnicle Wifi. Anything else I am missing? I about to just purchases PDANET.

Can't you use the native tether in android?

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Running your build from 12-06-12 and its solid besides the calendar not syncing (sure your not working, just throwing that out there) and other than that I have not found anymore bugs. So far so good, can't wait until you add more of your customized goodies.

You are not the first one to have tethering issues. I have been exploring the issue and it appears to be kernel related not ROM related. I have started a completely new kernel from untouched Google mr1 source. I'll have a new kernel ready tonight and will know for sure then. Stay tuned...

ma5t3rw1tt

Reaction score
http://www.projectelite.net/actngrezy/jb-mr1/kernels/Buck/ProjectElite_Gnex-12_07_2012.zip

There's the new kernel. Right out of the oven. Built from source synced from Google today. Added the usual color tweaks, scheduler tweaks, gov tweaks and OC. And my custom colors/contrast by default. Its running awesome for me!

----------
Hoping this runs tethering apps just fine. I am backing up my apps, removed my old backed up apps and starting clean with this new kernel. I'll keep you posted on how its going :)
EDIT: Why is the download only a super small download?

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
----------
Hoping this runs tethering apps just fine. I am backing up my apps, removed my old backed up apps and starting clean with this new kernel. I'll keep you posted on how its going :)
EDIT: Why is the download only a super small download?

Its only the kernel. Not a full ROM. Flash it over your current ROM install

rneal_ra

Reaction score
Phone force closing

I did a wipe and installed the 12/6 build. During the day I noticed I had a voice mail. When I tried to call voice mail the phone app force closed. It does this any time I try to make or receive a call. Then tried wiping and installing 12/5 and get the same thing. I use twrp recovery. &nbsp;I've noticed no one else has had this issue, so I know its not anything with the ROM. Just wondering if anyone here had any ideas on what to try.<br>Thanks, I love project elite been on it since I found it and even back to the original droid days.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Gonna give this a shot hopefully later tonight, not enjoying the current ROM I got too much. Hopefully I got some time later.

ma5t3rw1tt

Reaction score
On the 12-06-12 rom I still get a force close whenever I click on the signal and I did a complete fresh install for it. Then afterwards it shuts the 3G off and I have to reboot to get it back and then go into mobile networks to get it work again.

This is for the drop down settings where it shows what I can turn on off or off

jpin321

Reaction score
Is calendar sync still broken? Haven't seen it mentioned that it was fixed. I want to come back but can't do without the calendar.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Alright. New build up. A bunch of bug fixes. Including calendar sync(hopefully this time), market restore, and backup and restore in settings!