Welcome to the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2XL Forum!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the latest addition dedicated to the 2017 Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL Android Phones!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Here's hoping second year improves on what was started last year..

Sent using Tapatalk

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Anyone check them out at Verizon yet? They put 'em out on display as of yeterday... Might go and check em out today or tomorrow.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nope not yet. But will probably stop in this weekend to see what they have in stock for cases. I can get a discount in-store on accessories through the company account.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Ok, so I just went in the nearest Verizon store and they had both the Pixel 2 and 2 XL on display. Wasn't able to play with the 2XL much as it wasn't charged and as soon as I put the screen on, it gave me warning and it shut off. Was able to take this pic though:

VmeSrpu.jpg

Asked the girl working there if they could get it charged and she said "just play with the regular Pixel 2. They're the same thing just smaller."

I just said ugh, ok. Even though I wanted to say something else to her regarding their differences. lol

The Pixel 2 is actually quite nice. Just too small for me. The bezels weren't too bad as most people think. Was very fast and fluid as expected of a Google phone. Couldn't take good pics with it as it was connected to an alarm system that covered part of the lens.

The 2 XL was very nice in the hand. Very close to the same size as the original Pixel XL. More screen less bezels but I wish the screen wasn't as curved as they are. I'm thinking Tempered glass protectors are going to be a little troublesome... I ordered PET screen protectors for mine already and I think it'll be enough as long as it's paired with a case that has good lip/screen protection.

I'll try and go to a different Verizon store later on.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
^ Good size comparison with the Moto.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
@bkdodger what are your thoughts on the curved glass? I wasn't expecting it to be that curved tbh.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
@bkdodger what are your thoughts on the curved glass? I wasn't expecting it to be that curved tbh.

It was rough getting a good feels trying to balance phones lol ...it didn’t feel so bad but let’s see about getting a tempered glass on it ...phone felt lighter than I thought and speakers sound good not sure if better than old Nexus speakers but good ...it’s tough in store with all going on haha

Sent using Tapatalk

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
It was rough getting a good feels trying to balance phones lol ...it didn’t feel so bad but let’s see about getting a tempered glass on it ...phone felt lighter than I thought and speakers sound good not sure if better than old Nexus speakers but good ...it’s tough in store with all going on haha

Sent using Tapatalk
Yeah, it did feel good in the hand. Just not used to phone with that much curves lol.